Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Maanali
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,223
Message 1 of 5

Softkeys stop working in Moto X Pure

Soft keys( recenet apps, home, backbutton) not working.

i did factory reset twice but still facing the same issue.

I've Moto X Pure Edition.

Android version: 6.0

can some please help me to fix this...

Thanks in advance.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,186
Message 2 of 5

Re: Softkeys stop working in Moto X Pure

@Maanali wrote:

Soft keys( recenet apps, home, backbutton) not working.

i did factory reset twice but still facing the same issue.

I've Moto X Pure Edition.

Android version: 6.0

can some please help me to fix this...

Thanks in advance.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sarathchry
Paper Tape
Views: 1,571
Message 3 of 5

Try to use in largest display size in settings->accessability. This works for me

VictorBarrantes
Paper Tape
Views: 856
Message 4 of 5

This is marked as solved, but it is not.

The problem is still out there, it came with the latest Android update, the phone was working fine before it. No need for replacement or repair, it is a software bug. . .
As some other user pointed-out, you can workaround it by making Screen Size = Largest, that means the software is misbehaving, not the hardware, then a software update is required to solve the problem, not a repair. . . The issue is still open/unsolved.

Oatmotor
Paper Tape
Views: 222
Message 5 of 5

The solution is in the connection to the screen.  Pull it apart as if to replace display(see utube vids) and when you disconnect the connector and pull carefully slide out the gold connector you will find oxidation or contamination or whatever on your gold.  Using a very high quality electical tune-up spray (I used a tiny bit of my LPS 25 which I bought about 40 yrs ago and is such a one of a kind marvelous product I have managed to make it last this long by rationing it out to only the most persistent and consternating problems, such as THIS one.)  After applying just enough to wet the contacts, slide the pins back in and out 3 or 4 times and power up and hopefully VOILA.

After searching in vain about this problem, I went to a work-around and set the display to auto-rotate home screen.  Worked fine a few days, was able to rotate buttons to area that functioned, then BANG---half the screen went fuzzy.  In the search for that solution I found ONE POST (sirawzd  near the bottom of this page: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-Pure-Moto-X-Style/Moto-x-pure-screen-flickering/td-p/3468600 )

out of all the useless send it in drivel that claimed it was nothing more than a bad connection.   sirawzd said pinch the top right of the display where the connector is and you will see the display temporarily fixed.

I had no Idea this would fix the home button problem also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pass it on

Top Kudoed Authors