Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hendelb8
Paper Tape
Views: 19,143
Message 1 of 22

Speaker Not Working Motorola G4 Plus

The speaker has suddenly stopped working on my G4 Plus. I can't not hear calls, music, alarms e.t.c.

It has been happening in the last few days where the speaker would stop working, but a restart would fix it. 

After 2-3 times of this happening. A restart no longer fixes the problem.

I have done all the tricks on the internet. Restarting the phone, updating it, booting into safe mode, deleting third party programs, factory resetting the phone but to no avail. 

Everything else is working fine-when I plug in headphones I can hear all sound, mic works e.t.c. All other features on the phone works as intended.

This has happened 3 months ago as well and I had to send it away to get it repaired (although they did nothing) but when it came back the speaker had worked.

The speaker did the same thing last time. 2-3 times where a restart would fix it, than not at all. (This was before a small bit of water splashed on the charging port, which is the reason why they did not repair the phone). The charging port was working when I sent it off to have the speaker fixed, so I was surprised to to be hearing that they had not touched the speaker when I got it back 3 weeks later.

I was disappointed with the service as all I got back was a fuzzy black and white picture of the charging chip with a highlighter ring around the whole picture. It was the worst way to show a problem. But at least the speaker was working again, even if they did nothing to it.

What I am trying to imply is that the liquid ingress on the charging port has nothing to do with the speaker dropping out, as it happened before then, and then again randomly 3 months later. Nothing has ever happened to the speaker.

The phone is under warranty - only 6 months old.

It is a very frustrating problem. It always happens at the most inconvenient of times when I am making a call. Please give constructive suggestions. Don't waste my time with a "restart your phone" or "may be problem, contact Motorola for help". I am here because those things have been tried and have not worked.

So far I have been very disappointed with this phone, as well as the service and support from Motorola. The phone is actually pretty solid otherwise-except for the fact that I have a continuous problem with the speaker from when I first got it, until it stopped working completely 3 months ago, and and again now. Hopefully there is a fix that does not require the phone to be sent away again. The close repair centre is 3000kms away and it will be gone for weeks.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Hendelb8

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 18,859
Message 2 of 22

Re: Speaker Not Working Motorola G4 Plus

Hi,

Please send across your details with contact number to supportforums@motorola.com for further assistance.

Regards

Motorola Support 

AishaObelix
Paper Tape
Views: 18,097
Message 3 of 22

I have this very same problem as Hendelb8, and I did all that he done with his cellphone too, but it didn't work. The problem is that I bought the cellphone in the US but I live in Venezuela, there is no way I could send it to US to get my cellphone, repair. 

Shariq
What's DOS?
Views: 17,836
Message 4 of 22

I am also facing same issue as Hendelb8 faced. Speaker not working, can't hear anything ... Calls, music, alarm, videos nothing , except until I use earphone.

Hendelb8
Paper Tape
Views: 17,828
Message 5 of 22

Dear Shariq,

To what extent have you dealt with the Motorola support? This is because it is imprortant to know what advice I can give you. I ended up receiving a replacement speaker due a hardware issue in the phone, but in your case this may be different. Please PM me if you need more help from here. Thanks!
irohl
What's DOS?
Views: 15,770
Message 6 of 22

Hi! I am facing the same problem as Hendelb8 with one of the Moto G4 Plus phones I bought, although I am really worried that my son's exact same phone also had a problem, and won't even start. With regard to my son's device, the technician says it is the motherboard, and says I probably also have to replace the motherboard. My phone does work perfectly well, as Henedlb8 described, only there is no sound. TWO new phones (bought them on Amazon in December 2016) with the same tech problem is too much for me. I am seeking answers and help from Lenovo-Motorola in order to address this reiterated failure

sethumaathavan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,862
Message 7 of 22

I am facing the exact same problem on my phone as well. It is working with headset but the loud speakers on the phone seems to be faulty? It is really disappointing to see the kind of hardware that is used. What can be the solution? I bought my phone in India and currently am in South Africa?

sethumaathavan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,568
Message 8 of 22

I was redirected to contact the indian service center and I had sent my phone through to India along with a friend. But then they are claiming that the phone's mother board needs to be replaced but then on the job sheet it is mentioned PCB issue. It is really disappointing that they are not mentioning the right issue in the job sheet and also they are saying it will take 25 days to fix the same.

I had raised about the issue in advance and asked for quick support and the turn around even after the escalations is 1 month. The phone was in warranty when the issue happened but in the time taken to send it to India now it is out of warranty.

When a phone is not even working for the warranty duration then the quality of the hardware is to be blamed and the end user is made to suffer for the same. Really pathetic experience and disappointed with the response and the attention. 

Avnish545
Paper Tape
Views: 14,403
Message 9 of 22

I have the same problem. Initially the speaker would start working in safe mode but now not working at all. Tried clearing cache, factory reset everything. Please help

Elver_Galarga
Blue Screen Again
Views: 13,319
Message 10 of 22

I have the same problem with my phone the speaker stop working , and only can use with headphones,  my warranty expired on September 2017  and I start with my issue on October, they offer me a exchange my phone fitlrva refurbished device, and pay $86 for the transaction, and include 3 months warranty, I said no, because I can buy other same phone on Amazon for $130 .

I think the phone has a issue, this phone has only one speaker and over killed. I read to many same issue.

Thanks.

Top Kudoed Authors