Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sylvainrdk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 376
Message 11 of 16

Re: The new Moto G⁴ Plus - Product features

Still waiting on an answer to know if in-line remotes work on this phone.

The lack of reactivity from the Moto team is not encouraging.........
henkvanderspek
Token Ring
Views: 371
Message 12 of 16

Does this new phone have a compass/ three-axis magnetometer ? Like the first Moto G. This is a must have for me and my hiking App.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 361
Message 13 of 16

No, it does not have a compass/magnetometer. It does have GPS but won't support a compass app.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 359
Message 14 of 16

@sylvainrdk wrote:

@sylvainrdk wrote:

Having a Moto G2 (2014), I might be interested in this one, pending of course the reviews that will come out on it.

I do have a question though, I own a pair of Bose In-Ear earphones with remote control. They are branded as being compatible Samsung and Android, and while I can use them to speak with my Moto G, the remote buttons do not work. After research, I found that this was a hardware design of the phone, which did not have the needed thing to make the buttons work.

Is that fixed in the Moto G4 plus or is it still an issue?

Bump... still waiting for an answer on that one...

In general, we do not support inline mic buttons. However, they sometimes work anyway. I checked with an old pair and I was able to raise and lower the volume and pause and play. I think it will depend on the ring configuration of your headset.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
henkvanderspek
Token Ring
Views: 356
Message 15 of 16

Thnx but makes me sad. What to do after my Defy and G1?

sylvainrdk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 350
Message 16 of 16

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@sylvainrdk wrote:

@sylvainrdk wrote:

Having a Moto G2 (2014), I might be interested in this one, pending of course the reviews that will come out on it.

I do have a question though, I own a pair of Bose In-Ear earphones with remote control. They are branded as being compatible Samsung and Android, and while I can use them to speak with my Moto G, the remote buttons do not work. After research, I found that this was a hardware design of the phone, which did not have the needed thing to make the buttons work.

Is that fixed in the Moto G4 plus or is it still an issue?

Bump... still waiting for an answer on that one...

In general, we do not support inline mic buttons. However, they sometimes work anyway. I checked with an old pair and I was able to raise and lower the volume and pause and play. I think it will depend on the ring configuration of your headset.

Right, well, it looks like the more I look, the less I'll be likely to pick that phone.

Not to mention the sound being flipped in the Moto G2 after the Marshmallow update is really proving to be a drag...

Top Kudoed Authors