Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Llamllama
Blue Screen Again
Views: 172
Message 1 of 4

Touch screen going crazy after new charger

I've had my Moto G4 for just over 2 years now with no issues. My power button fell out and my front camera cracked after I dropped it one too many times but it's worked fine this whole time with no worries.

Charger died a few days ago and I bought a new one, but once I plugged in with this new one my touch screen started going crazy with Ghost touches making it impossible to type or select apps. Tried the adaptive brightness trick and the battery optimisation thing suggested on other forums, and have turned my phone completely off and on again but it still has the ghost touch. It's started to continue the ghost touch even when it's not charging, I just want to charge my phone and still be able to use it as there's nothing else wrong with it.

addms
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 2 of 4

Re: Touch screen going crazy after new charger

Motorola is the best smart phone company and I am using motorola since 15 years, performance is amazing. 

Really great phones.

https://www.admissionssquare.in
BhavinPatel90
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 3 of 4

Had the same issue few years back with my lenovo laptop. the mouse pointer went crazy after plugging it to charging port.

The issue was, the socket to which i was connecting my charger did not have earthing.
Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Matt-Murdock
SCSI Port
Views: 129
Message 4 of 4

@Llamllama wrote:

I've had my Moto G4 for just over 2 years now with no issues. My power button fell out and my front camera cracked after I dropped it one too many times but it's worked fine this whole time with no worries.

Charger died a few days ago and I bought a new one, but once I plugged in with this new one my touch screen started going crazy with Ghost touches making it impossible to type or select apps. Tried the adaptive brightness trick and the battery optimisation thing suggested on other forums, and have turned my phone completely off and on again but it still has the ghost touch. It's started to continue the ghost touch even when it's not charging, I just want to charge my phone and still be able to use it as there's nothing else wrong with it.

Im assuming its the moto branded charger you are using now?.I had similar experience on other phone(diff brand ) when i used a charger which was of a diff brand Smiley Very Happy  .Ideally if the tech specs of the charger match with the original charger then it shouldnt be an issue but if its duplicate charger or non branded then it could be a problem .If you are using a moto branded charger then you might wanna wait for a response from the moto folks for next course of action .

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Top Kudoed Authors