Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kk999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 205
Message 1 of 9

Touch screen of MotoGplay just wont swipe

Hi,

My Moto Gplay XT 1607 was working perfectly till last Thurs. when it fell - albeit on carpet. That moment the Audio recording app was on and it took me some time to 'normalize' the phone as it was just randomly moving and flashing kind of..

Then worked fine till 3 days ago when found swiping difficult. I was reading online and some suggested removing the tempered glass screen protector (which was cracked at top since long but more so after that fall). I did and since then it worked some time but i just cant seem to use the swipe up option after phone gets locked.

Tried many things including open in Safe mode and ran the FIx it tests - which all came fine. ie the hand sensor thing went green etc. but still the main screen just wont move. 

whenever it unlocks(almost suddenly majically!!)  i quickly changed Settings to None for Lock screen but again it has suddenly frozen.

When it opens up, everything is fine, all apps, messages etc show, i can swipe normally but its just that it seems to freeze again after some time.

Is there any other thing i should be checking/doing next time it works? 

Right now it suddenly was fine and then as i was checking settings again, its again frozen. Im scared ill spoil the touch screen with all the experimantal swiping i'm doing (with cloth and fingers)....

any HELP suggestions will be highly appreciated!

thanks

K

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 195
Message 2 of 9

Re: Touch screen of MotoGplay just wont swipe

Hi kk999,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear about your device. Our best bet would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair as the next logical option at this point.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 177
Message 3 of 9

Check all the hardware buttons to make sure they are not sticking and for any debris around them?

kk999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 165
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Porphyrius,

can u tell me what they would be? and how i could do tht?

today I tapped the screen a bit around and found i got it to unlock(ie i coud swipe up).. but then AGAIN after some use, ie after it locks up after 1 5 secs(as that was wat i had selected earlier), i just cant seem to unlock it with swipe. Also, i had changed the Security to Pattern option but since the screen does not release, nuthing can be done!

Do you think it could be something with the lock function? 

Have powered off many times but still it restarts immediately but locked.

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 157
Message 5 of 9

Just see if there's any tiny bits of stuff stopping the buttons working but I suspect there might be hardware Damage Smiley Sad

I would back up the phone and try a Hard Reset/Factory restore.If that doesn't get it then there may well be internal hardware damage Smiley Sad

kk999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 134
Message 6 of 9

which buttons? except power and volume, i have none as touch screen.
i DO want to back up but its reading as empty when i connect to the laptop! any way to do that??
i did try the Recovery mode process twice.. once just reboot syste,, now and next wipe cache but still unable to unlock
Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 131
Message 7 of 9

Yes I sas talking about the power and volume buttons sticking but I doubt it's that.

As for backup  

via USB see this post,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/USB-connections-to-PC-options/m-p/4384803#...

It's the same rules for your Moto Smiley Happy

kk999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 127
Message 8 of 9

thanks Porphyrius!
ill see it.
meanwhile i took it to a phone repair center and the guy seemed to think the "display screen " needs to be changed. He pointed to this thin line at the top of the phone when it is black - about an inch long, slightly shiny when seeing in light at an angle.
Says they can change it and it would be with the digitizer but am concerned if they use some cheap brand will it be more worse? Or is it ok to go ahead and give it to be done.
Also said, my data will not be affected.
thanks again n any more suggestions welcome! Smiley Happy

ps- attaching a shot of that line on phone

kk999
Fanfold Paper
Views: 103
Message 9 of 9

hi,

i managed to get the phone to swipe (used the lighter method!!) but now i have my password pattern that is not working as i think the touch screen is bad - it is not able to connect certain parts of the pattern lines. Hence AGAIN, im still locked out! 

any ways to remotely unlock or set new pattern option? 

I saw about attaching to a OTG adapter and mouse and then trying but i do not have an OTG. 

Will order it but till then any other ways possible?

thanks again

Top Kudoed Authors