Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarthiMoto
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,031
Message 1 of 27

Turns off automatically

I found that due to sudden notification sounds and vibration ,,Moto g4 plus turns off automatically,, I tried some troubleshooting ways to overcome this problem but it doesn't work... I think the stability of the mobile needed to be improved on the update please... It frequently happens when battery level goes down to 40%..,,it is a major issue in all Moto g4 and g5 series..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,953
Message 2 of 27

Re: Turns off automatically

Hi KarthiMoto,

May we know how did you identify that the sudden notification sounds and vibration are the causes of your issue? Can you also verify what are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Regards,
Daisy
Motorola Support

KarthiMoto
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,942
Message 3 of 27

I noticed many times , before my Moto g4 plus turns off automatically there was a sudden vibration or a quick beep sound,,.. after I restart my device I saw notification of apps. Thus, I concluded sudden notification makes this issue... and I tried some troubleshooting ways like clearing partition caches and rebooting the device regularly and turning of vibrations but it doesn't help... So give Moto g4 plus with regular updates and stability improvements to the device... 

KarthiMoto
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,936
Message 4 of 27

I noticed many times , before my Moto g4 plus turns off automatically there was a sudden vibration or a quick beep sound,,.. after I restart my device I saw notification of apps. Thus, I concluded sudden notification makes this issue... and I tried some troubleshooting ways like clearing partition caches and rebooting the device regularly and turning of vibrations but it doesn't help... So give Moto g4 plus with regular updates and stability improvements to the device...
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,902
Message 5 of 27

@KarthiMoto wrote:

Would you please update your profile with the Serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? It is found under Settings>About Phone>Status. Is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

KarthiMoto
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,887
Message 6 of 27

I already enabled Moto privacy but I don't know how to update my profile with IMEI number,, thus my device IMEI number is*removed*  for slot1 is and slot2 is *removed* & SV is 9 for both... And I also attachment of status(deleted)... Hope you will solve the issues soon with the next update..

*Edited for privacy*

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,833
Message 7 of 27

Hi KarthiMoto,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We looked into your phone's IMEI and here's what we found out:

*Battery charging habits are not aligned with optimal battery performance recommendations.
-Battery should be charged to 100% for optimal battery performance. 
It is also a good practice to restart the device periodically (at least every 48 hours) to clear out buffers and memory that may lead to intermittent issues

*SD card storage is running low. It is recommended to have at least 15% of SD card storage free. Usually, when it's 70% full it is advisable to delete some items. When the internal memory of the phone is full or close to full, a consumer may experience a sluggish user interface, latency when switching menus, or in some cases the display freezing or reboot.

*Applications that always  crashed: Third party apps installed .They mostly crashed last Nov. 2,3,5,7 and 10.

*You may also try a Clear Cache Partition.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

KarthiMoto
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,781
Message 8 of 27

Sorry for the late response

I already cleared partition caches many times when my phone turned off automatically... And I use my mobile frequently so, I can't ensure the battery is 100% charged... Other Mobiles like Redmi, le tv, or other custom UI with Android OS running mobiles, does not face this type of problems... I don't know where the problems lies... Some say due to turbo charger and some say due to speaker output issues... 

Stability in my device is poor not only mine but many Moto g4 and g5 users... Do something to overcome this issue quick..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,697
Message 9 of 27

@KarthiMoto wrote:

Sorry for the late response

I already cleared partition caches many times when my phone turned off automatically... And I use my mobile frequently so, I can't ensure the battery is 100% charged... Other Mobiles like Redmi, le tv, or other custom UI with Android OS running mobiles, does not face this type of problems... I don't know where the problems lies... Some say due to turbo charger and some say due to speaker output issues... 

Stability in my device is poor not only mine but many Moto g4 and g5 users... Do something to overcome this issue quick..

I would suggest a Factory Reset first without restore. Please make sure to back up your data since this will delete your data.  If the issue persists, then please visit your nearest service center. Please see this link.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Archil1l
What's DOS?
Views: 2,362
Message 10 of 27

I am also facing this issue. My Moto G4 Plus turns off frequently, with a sudden sound. This usually happens after there is a notification. I am facing this issue from about 2 months. The phone gets switched off about 5 to 6 times a day, which is very frustrating. 

Please advise me with some measures to take care of this issue.

Top Kudoed Authors