US Version has Dual SIM or not?

That's the qyestun
Bug Me Not
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,587
Message 2 of 11

Re: US Version has Dual SIM or not?

We won't know until the phone is actually available for sale, but based on all previous models and demand, I would say No. There will not be a dual sim variant in the USA. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
bugas
Punch Card
Views: 2,507
Message 3 of 11

That's unfortunate.
Bug Me Not
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,445
Message 4 of 11

@bugas wrote:
That's the qyestun

No Dual SIM in the US.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Albondi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,442
Message 5 of 11

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@bugas wrote:
That's the qyestun

No Dual SIM in the US.

Ouch, that's really bad news. Now i'm going to buy other phone for sure. Is it a money issue? A lot of us like this feature, and to me it is essential,it's a shame just Germany and france get the 64gb dual sim option...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,435
Message 6 of 11

@Albondi wrote:

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@bugas wrote:
That's the qyestun

No Dual SIM in the US.

Ouch, that's really bad news. Now i'm going to buy other phone for sure. Is it a money issue? A lot of us like this feature, and to me it is essential,it's a shame just Germany and france get the 64gb dual sim option...

In the USA it is a lack of consumer demand.  Almost all sims require a monthly payment of some kind to keep them active. Most consumers have no reason to pay for 2 lines.  Calls and text and mms are unlimited for most.  Data is fairly cheap too, and T-Mobile offers unlimited media data. 

if you want a second phone number we have google voice.  

I carry 2 phones, but I don't want dual sim.  2x battery drain for cell, and my work security policies.  No thanks. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,434
Message 7 of 11

Btw, what other USA options are there? Who sells a dual sim phone in the USA that has a USA warranty?

Albondi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,430
Message 8 of 11

One Plus Three(which probably will be my next phone), samsung galaxy S7 and s6 and Asus are the first to come to my mind.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,424
Message 9 of 11

I have to say, I haven't seen a Galaxy S7 or S6 dual sim for sale in the USA that is dual sim. The ones on amazon say international version - no warranty in USA - you could get a Moto G the same way for 1/3 the cost. 

And the one plus is more then the G as well, by quite a bit. So not the best comparison. And will the North American version be dual sim? Even though Moto has had some support issues, I am not sure about oneplus - for their first 2 phones many were having support nightmares. 

But if a dual sim is what you want, then at least you have options. 

I suspect that if Dual SIM ONeplus 3 is a USA warrantied option, most users will never use the second sim slot. And the phone has no SD card, so you have a trade off. 

Albondi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,420
Message 10 of 11

Yes you are right , but i really need the dual SIM above the other features and i really wanted to buy the Moto,the french and german version are exactly the same but with the dual SIM feature, i was hoping those arriving here too, that's why i'm dissapointed.

Top Kudoed Authors