Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motofan211
Fanfold Paper
Views: 248
Message 1 of 3

Unitron Hearing Aids & Moto G4

I have a Moto G4 purchased from Amazon 2 or 3 years ago.  It is unlocked.  Use Consumer Celluar as my provider.  I have gotten 2 new Unitron hearings aids this week that are compatible with cell phones. The hearing aids are bluetoothed to the cell phone.  When receiving a call I can not hear the caller but they can hear me. I did find a setting in the phone icon for hearing aids and checked that.  Per Moto/lenovo the Moto G4 is hearing aid compatible. I have restarted in safe mode, have cleared the cashe and the data.  Did not help. Have not done a hard reset, and don't want to unless I know that will work.

If you have a solution I would appreciate it.  My hearing aid provider is checking with Unitron but I have not heard anything yet.

I do hear the beeps that the cell is ringing in my ear when some one calls.

Something else I discovered.  I can not hear my voice mail. If I disconnect bluetooth on cell phone from the hearing aids I can then hear my voice mail.

**12/13/18 another discovery. When trying to retrieve voice mails, if I use speaker I can hear the voice mails when cell is bluetoothed to hearing aids. So when I receive a call if I put the call on speaker on the cell I can hear the callers voice. But I would have to have the cell beside me all the time and that defeats the purpose of the hearing aids to answer calls.

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 233
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unitron Hearing Aids & Moto G4

Just a user like yourself and I don't know the implementation of this Technology but make sure that your Phone Networks,"Call Diverts" is not enabled?

motofan211
Fanfold Paper
Views: 223
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unitron Hearing Aids & Moto G4

Is that call fowarding?  If yes all are shut off.

Top Kudoed Authors