Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RajIss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,630
Message 1 of 8

Unknown Display problem in Moto G4 plus

Hello everyone,

My Moto G4 plus display turned to this(see photo) yesterday all of a sudden while using whatsapp and I do not know how get fix it or what really the issue is because touch seems to be working fine but this is all I can see, I would at least like to back up my stuff before i can think about doing anything else to my phone.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

ThanksWIN_20170712_14_30_47_Pro.jpgWIN_20170712_14_31_01_Pro.jpg

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,444
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unknown Display problem in Moto G4 plus

@RajIss wrote:

Hello everyone,

My Moto G4 plus display turned to this(see photo) yesterday all of a sudden while using whatsapp and I do not know how get fix it or what really the issue is because touch seems to be working fine but this is all I can see, I would at least like to back up my stuff before i can think about doing anything else to my phone.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

What happens when you reboot? At any point does the screen show normal? Have you tried entering recovery mode?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
RajIss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,431
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for your response, screen comes back on as it is after reboot, but I can turn the wifi on and off on my device by guessing where to touch it, I have never seen anything like this before.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,406
Message 4 of 8

@RajIss wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response, screen comes back on as it is after reboot, but I can turn the wifi on and off on my device by guessing where to touch it, I have never seen anything like this before.

If you can't get into recovery menu to reset, or if you can and that doesn't work, then service is required. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
AV71
Paper Tape
Views: 2,572
Message 5 of 8

Hey
Can you please share how the screen issue was fixed.
I have the same problem. Touch, sounds etc are all working fine but the display shows exactly the same dotted screen.
Anticipating your response
Thank you
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,531
Message 6 of 8

@AV71 wrote:
Hey
Can you please share how the screen issue was fixed.
I have the same problem. Touch, sounds etc are all working fine but the display shows exactly the same dotted screen.
Anticipating your response
Thank you

Hi, AV71.

Thank you for reporting the issue, this is strange if you have already tried the above settings and yet facing the same issue then as suggested Service/Repair would be the next step.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
MAdrian
Paper Tape
Views: 1,592
Message 7 of 8

Same thing happening to me, I was using whatsapp and suddenly the phone got just like that, when I try to factory restore I see nothing to choose

hj01101994
What's DOS?
Views: 414
Message 8 of 8

Same thing happening to me, I was on a call and suddenly the phone got just like that, when I try to factory restore I see nothing to choose

Top Kudoed Authors