Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recep_Tayyip
Punch Card
Views: 2,872
Message 731 of 824

Re: Update to Android 8 Oreo for my G4

Get it, we are f$§%ed by Motorola. They took our money and that's it. Fire and forget.

zsde
Punch Card
Views: 2,181
Message 732 of 824

Never. 

i_amlesh
What's DOS?
Views: 2,069
Message 733 of 824

Re: Android 8 Oreo update for Moto g4 plus as promised by moto

So It's been 1 year since you said Moto g4 plus will be receiving oreo update. But since then there is no news at all about your update programs. so what is it exactly the situation? Is it getting oreo update or not, because many people are still stuck to their G4 plus because they think it will receive oreo update. so if it is not receiving oreo then tell that also, so that people move on to other new phones.

Recep_Tayyip
Punch Card
Views: 2,009
Message 734 of 824

Re: Android 8 Oreo update for Moto g4 plus as promised by moto

You may ask as much as you want, they don't give a **bleep** answer. I bought my G4 Plus last month ago trusting the promise given by Motorola/Lenovo but now I know this company cannot be trusted. Lesson learned. The hard way.

Saurabhsingh06
SCSI Port
Views: 1,911
Message 735 of 824

Motorola is not gonna provide Android O till the time 80% of the same model gets wipe out from the market G4 plus is the most sold device of the Motorola till now so they will not be able to push the update with such a talented team 

But we can try this app to get feeling about android 8 & 9 I have also installed the app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.treydev.pns

Power shade approx 10k downloads

Highlighted
RKBS
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,630
Message 736 of 824

Time to move away from Moto mobile of you like updates. After coming under Lenovo, which is infamous for sending updates, Moto has lost its sheen. I so wish Google takes Moto back from Lenovo. After using almost all devices upto G5+ as loyal customer, am moving away from Moto. Kudos to their OTA updates team for encouraging loyal customers to move away

DavidTunstall
Punch Card
Views: 1,614
Message 737 of 824

I agree. I've had a Moto G1,2,4,5. No more. Having seen my daughter's new Nokia 7 plus, Android One, currently running 8.1 with continual updates for security, and due to get Pie at some point. Solid aluminium body, 64gb storage and a great camera, all for £299 (John Lewis, so probably could find it at a better price if I shopped around) I know what I'll be buying for my best phone. And no, it's not a Motorola phone. 

Prasad301292
What's DOS?
Views: 1,471
Message 738 of 824

Motorola should make their future devices under android one program so they can deliver monthly updates to all device and in this way they will gain customer trust back.

zsde
Punch Card
Views: 1,443
Message 739 of 824

Are you ignoring that Motorola is just a name on a phone that is now a Lenovo? Lenovo are the ones that bought Motorola and why should they make that product look better than their own Lenovo branded products? The world of globalisation has ever bigger companies buying out competitors to get rid of competition. In this instance, a fantastic product at a fantastic price has been demoted to just another Lenovo whilst the Motorola name is being dragged through the mud. Motorola makes no more devices. Just the agreement reached dictates that the name must stay on them. Who knows for how long. Sad. No more new Motorola for me. Nokia and Xiaomi and some others are much better options now.

iampowerslave
HDMI
Views: 1,413
Message 740 of 824

@zsde wrote:

Nokia and Xiaomi and some others are much better options now.

Nokia is Microsoft as much as Motorola is Lenovo.

Xiaomi seems like a much better option above many, but you can't get them in all countries.

Top Kudoed Authors