SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 2,416
Message 861 of 1,026

Re: Android O update(8.0) for Moto G4 plus

@crystallet wrote:

@Pstandard wrote:

Just adding my support to this.

The G4 phones are barely over a year old.

It's immensely dissapointing that they are no longer being supported with OS updates.

Hope there is somewhere people can complain in an effective manner.

edit: Just seen the other thread in this sub forum that's having oreo threads merged into it.

The G4 line actually launched in May of 2016.  That makes the line pretty close to 3 years old now.

yea, the phone is old, and so is the promise of Oreo... both are 3 yrs old and yet we don't have it. the G4+ is almost 10 months behind in security updates, Motorola is rolling and testin Pie which is their main concentration now to develop it for more devices. Android Q is being leaked and we'll probably see the first DP next month and here we are still debating and waiting for a 2 yrs old update, Motorola said because the update is "not planned" (which is incorrect since it was mentioned in the advertising material for the G4+) so it will take time to fit into the schedule, the fact is, the update could've been done and rolled out back in the summer along with the G5 lineup, but nah, they chose to slack hoping we'd give up because it's an old device and we might change it, actually for me, i just wanna get the update for the heck of it and say i'm runnig Oreo, and once finished installing i might throw the phone in a drawer 

Relaxnosupport
Paper Tape
Views: 2,413
Message 862 of 1,026

Thats no excuse. This 8 update is over a year late. Ill make sure every site keeping track on updates will put this +420 days and still waiting on their lists.

SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 2,410
Message 863 of 1,026

@Relaxnosupport wrote:

Thats no excuse. This 8 update is over a year late. Ill make sure every site keeping track on updates will put this +420 days and still waiting on their lists.

would you believe it if i told you that one of the testers wrote somewhere saying that Motorola didn't even open the testing thread?, so that means the soak testers can't even report back to Motorola for bugs or anything

SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 2,402
Message 864 of 1,026

Re: Android 8 Oreo update for Moto g4 plus as promised by moto

@SnoopDoge wrote:
Hope it don't take too long to send the update... Thank you very much for keeping the promises

oh man... how stupid i was... thinking all postively and we'd receive the update in 2018, the original comment was posted on 

09-18-2017 08:03 PM

bhaskarsa
Punch Card
Views: 2,387
Message 865 of 1,026

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

So, there were some errors in our marketing materials around Android O upgrades for Moto G4 Plus. This was an oversight on our part and we apologize for this miscommunication. It’s our general practice for the Moto G family to get one major OS upgrade per device, but it’s important to us we keep our promises, so in addition to the N upgrade it has already received, we will be upgrading Moto G4 Plus to Android O. Because this is an unplanned upgrade, it will take some time to fit it into our upgrade schedule. Watch our software upgrade page for more information.

Thanks,

- Matt

its been 16 months since that comment 

bradbakalyar
SCSI Port
Views: 2,371
Message 866 of 1,026

Yep  16 months  is a long time to do an ota  it just amazes me that you have the balls to even say anything about upgrades i for one will never buy another moto for the fact you do not keep your promises I learn and will be getting the new goole phone when they bring out 5 g  not untill 

yomis747
Paper Tape
Views: 2,331
Message 867 of 1,026

Re: Update to Android 8 Oreo for my G4

It is totally shameful, if only there were a way to punish companies that deceive their customers, even if those customers stop buying their products. In my family there were 3 Moto G, 2014, 2015 and 2016, for 7 months we are renewing with other brands that we think at least do not promise things that do not meet.

Yesudasj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,323
Message 868 of 1,026

I'm already using Oreo in my g4 plus........
SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 2,320
Message 869 of 1,026

@Yesudasj wrote:
I'm already using Oreo in my g4 plus........

That's soak test

Yesudasj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,317
Message 870 of 1,026

Yes it is...... But I'm comfortable with this update my phone looks awesome..... Liked it,....
Top Kudoed Authors