Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 1,425
Message 961 of 1,022

Re: Update to Android 8 Oreo for my G4

Even many people in india still not received oreo 8 .1 update regardless of 18 march which is only 5 days away.i my self not received update yet. doubtful of promise of 18 th march. 😓😓

And recent news is that  Motorola India has withdrawn the update on 21-22 February.

And Here Moto agent even not answering the questions that when the update will again start to rollout.

I have posted same question in the 3 rd Forum page.

Disgusting 😐😐😐

EDP
eclank
SCSI Port
Views: 1,148
Message 962 of 1,022

Do you guys think 8.1 will roll out in Europe before the end of the decade?

Chiragj04
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,124
Message 963 of 1,022

Motorola is not keeping up it's promise and is not up to what it declared. 

I am in India and I haven't received the Oreo version till now on my Moto g4 plus nor did it's customer service know anything about and what all they have to say is SORRY WE ARE NOT ABLE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING. Really disgusting and annoyed!!!!

Luckythakooor
What's DOS?
Views: 1,089
Message 964 of 1,022

I can't get Oreo update it 17/3/2019.. help me

Shivamdrift
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 930
Message 965 of 1,022

Re: Android 8 Oreo update for Moto g4 plus as promised by moto

Dear Moto/lenovo your website is showing that moto g4 plus will start getting oreo 8.1 update from 18-02-2019 and now its 18-03-2019...and still we didn't get any updates 😫  tell us when we will get updates or you just fooling your users ?

DavidTunstall
Punch Card
Views: 917
Message 966 of 1,022

Re: Android 8 Oreo update for Moto g4 plus as promised by moto

The india Motorola software support page was showing a few days ago  a start date for the roll out of Feb 18th, and a 'by 18th march' as the end date.

They've now altered it to just show the start date. No end date given!

What's going on guys?

If you're having slower roll out than planned, at least give us some news!

You really can't expect to just silently remove information and hope people won't notice!

This lack of information is just really hacking off your customers. And if you're not careful, they won't be Moto customers in the future!

DavidTunstall
Punch Card
Views: 916
Message 967 of 1,022

Where did you get the news that the update has been withdrawn?

The India software support page has changed the rollout dates and removed the end date!

Not sounding good.

I wish Motorola would communicate SOMETHING to their customers, not just change dates and versions to be updated and hope no-one notices!

That's really unprofessional, and shows a lack of customer appreciation and service

Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 852
Message 968 of 1,022

I read on YouTube comments (4-5 comments). And it makes sense because they just silently removed the end date ..i was expecting this .Liar Lenevo and Moto. They just don't want to give information.

They were already Behind the schedule , then after that they provided update and Gave a 1 month time period. Now at the end of Time period they just changed what they Promised.

The most worst thing is that World  is already started getting Android Q- 10 th Version of android, and we had been waiting and still waiting Like a Fool For Oreo 8 th version of android.

I am still asking Like a Fool - Please Give us actually a piece of information please. 

If you reconsidered the Update and wanted to Fix the update than its not a bad thing . Atleast Give us info about The actual status of update 

ITS A HUMBLE REQUEST 🙏🙏🙏

EDP
sreeharimon
Punch Card
Views: 798
Message 969 of 1,022

You corporate always lying...started orio update rolling out in feb 2019 but no more update notification till now and admins keep quiet mum...we customers are getting fooled day by day.. i stopped buying this lenovo destroyed legendary beatiful piece of **bleep** mob..will never make such mistake in ma life..but when we say something, @ last, the honorable admins start making a statement like this is it, that is it, no more dates, no more assurance but u will win the lottery.. really ashamed..

DavidTunstall
Punch Card
Views: 788
Message 970 of 1,022

I just posted a request for clarification of what was happening with the oreo update on Motorola UK customer support site.

I received the following reply:

The Moto G4 Plus will receive Android 8 in the nearby future, but due to some development issues, has been postponed for now

So after so much delay, and supposed soak testing, there IS an issue, and they won't commit to a timescale. Sad.

Worst part is, they just quietly removed the completion date, and didn't provide any other information as to why the date would not be met. I don't need detailed explanations, just something like 'an issue has been reported with ......whatever.  We'll update the support page with new dates as soon as possible'

Wouldn't that have been more helpful, and customer-friendly.

Oh, and they also said that the IMEI number I posted on my request meant that I have a Moto G4, not a G4 plus. Er, no. its definitely a G4 plus. Its got 4Gb RAM and 64Gb storage!

Top Kudoed Authors