Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 1,013
Message 841 of 899

Re: Update to Android 8 Oreo for my G4

@zsde wrote:

You guys still don't get it. Motorola belongs to Lenovo. Motorola mobile doesn't exist anymore, except in name. The strategy is working for Lenovo. The best mid range phone in the market is slowly being managed into a hate product. The surest way of getting rid of the competition. Thank globalisation. Motorola made their profits from the sale. Stop blaming Motorola now except for selling themselves and their customers out. They are all happy in their villas on an island somewhere with enough money to enjoy the rest of their lives. Any deteriorated service is Lenovo's problem, not theirs.

i mean name Motorola is still being used, it's just a subsidiary of Lenovo (or in another name Lenovo is parent company), Motorola shouldn't have let that happen, especially since they had a GREAT run back in Lollipop and Marshmallow days, Motorola is still controlling the software updates, that's why you see "Motorola is excited to announce a new software" when a new update is released... 

Tanishq75
Punch Card
Views: 991
Message 842 of 899

Moto atleast provide oreo within first week of January. This update doesn't worth so much due to late arrival. Atleast now let us have the taste of oreo it's 2k19 . You are working on g6 plus even providing them pie then what about the old customers . This shows your nature and now not a single customer would think of buying moto phone due to poorest software support and heavy price tag.

bhaskarsa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 334
Message 843 of 899

my moto g4 plus , retgb, is on 1 april 2018 security update

whats going on??? Smiley Mad

SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 325
Message 844 of 899

@bhaskarsa wrote:

my moto g4 plus , retgb, is on 1 april 2018 security update

whats going on??? Smiley Mad

as one soak testers on some forum said, Motorola didn't even open the testing thread for the g4+ Oreo test, so they currently can't report back to Motorola, and since they're testing and rolling out Pie to other devices (mainly the G6+), i'd say it's not happening any time soon

bhaskarsa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 317
Message 845 of 899

we will be suck on the 1 april 2018 security update? 

SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 310
Message 846 of 899

@bhaskarsa wrote:

we will be suck on the 1 april 2018 security update? 

"Top 10 April fool's day jokes that went too far" 

VIP1067
Blue Screen Again
Views: 306
Message 847 of 899

It is now decided, this is my last Moto phone.

DavidTunstall
Punch Card
Views: 267
Message 848 of 899

Come on, Motorola/Lenovo, I know you said because it wasn't planned (it certainly was. You PUBLISHED the commitment ages ago) you have to schedule this.  How long can you delay this roll out? Even if you aren't ready to roll out the Oreo update, at least get a move on and ship a security update. Show us SOME commitment. You still get good write ups for the g6, but many of us haven't forgotten the G4 plus debacle. You need to show commitment or people will desert the brand

bradbakalyar
SCSI Port
Views: 257
Message 849 of 899

Well I for one will never buy another Lenovo  the heck with them if all they want to do LIE !!!!!

TAS314
Fanfold Paper
Views: 246
Message 850 of 899

If they say they are not going to release the update, then they lied.
If they say nothing, then you can't say they lied because they could still release it. It just becomes more and more likely that they lied as time passes but they just hope that by the time it's obvious they lied there will not be enough people that care to matter.  That the lie will cost them less than the truth of creating the update.
I thought the G4+ hardware was good for the price, but with the updates, I have to consider buying a G6 now to be a one year phone, and if I bought a G7 when it comes out it would be a best a 2 year phone. My G4+ is now past it's best by date.

Top Kudoed Authors