Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
compuser101
Punch Card
Views: 8,779
Message 1 of 12

What is "Selfie photo mirror"

I am using Moto G4 Plus on Android 6.0.1.

I am using the latest version of Moto Camera, i.e., Version 6.0.43.10.

When using the front facing camera, there is an option called "Selfie photo mirror". I have no idea what this does. I took a picture with and without it, and I saw no difference.

I contacted Motorola on a few occasions, and they had no idea what it does or what I was even talking about.

Please check out for yourself and get back to me. If I had to take a wild guess, it's a feature that only works on other Moto phones?

ptaswath
Serial Port
Views: 8,765
Message 2 of 12

Re: What is "Selfie photo mirror"

This option is for making you selfie photos look more good which will look like the picture you take by rear cameras. You can just check this out by taking a selfie by switching that option off and on 

Note: this only works when you are using front camera

Hope you got the solution

aswath
compuser101
Punch Card
Views: 8,760
Message 3 of 12

Hmm... well I did in fact try it out on and off and they look the same. From the info of both images it's telling me that they're both the same exact stats. Same 1.2 MB, same MP, same ISO, everything.

Edit: Are you sure this feature works for Moto G4 Plus? 

ptaswath
Serial Port
Views: 8,755
Message 4 of 12

I'll guide you bro...show hi5 when you are taking the pictures..and you will see the difference...one image will be flipped and another will be orginal..

aswath
compuser101
Punch Card
Views: 8,745
Message 5 of 12

Okay I see what you mean. However, it works sometimes and it doesn't work sometimes...

Edit:

You see, I believe I found a glitch in the app. If I take two pictures back to back, while changing the settings in between shots, it will not change the setting and both images will be the same. I hope they can fix this.

Edit 2:

I just found another weird glitch. I took a selfie with me showing hi5 with the "Selfie photo mirror" turned off, and when I swipe left from the Camera app to view the last picture I took, it will show my picture the right way and then a second later it will flip! 

ptaswath
Serial Port
Views: 8,728
Message 6 of 12

I hope you have got the solution! So please mark solved! And the charging problems are wired!

Charge your device fully

Do not use your device while charging..!

Waiting 1hr makes moto g4 plus battery 100%  

Hope this helped you!

aswath
compuser101
Punch Card
Views: 8,726
Message 7 of 12

I never mentioned anything about charging or the battery.....

ptaswath
Serial Port
Views: 8,717
Message 8 of 12

@compuser101 wrote:

I never mentioned anything about charging or the battery.....

Extremely sorry for misunderstanding! It was you telling about changing...! But mostly the setting selfie mirror is on it makes the image looks good

Which post you felt that your questions is solved! Please mark it solved!

aswath
SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 8,678
Message 9 of 12

@compuser101 wrote:

I am using Moto G4 Plus on Android 6.0.1.

I am using the latest version of Moto Camera, i.e., Version 6.0.43.10.

When using the front facing camera, there is an option called "Selfie photo mirror". I have no idea what this does. I took a picture with and without it, and I saw no difference.

I contacted Motorola on a few occasions, and they had no idea what it does or what I was even talking about.

Please check out for yourself and get back to me. If I had to take a wild guess, it's a feature that only works on other Moto phones?

this option is to mirror your pictures, for example, if you took a pic and behind you on your RIGHT there's a wall painting, if the option is ON the painting will be on your LEFT, if it OFF, the painting will be still on your RIGHT as it's hanged on the wall

compuser101
Punch Card
Views: 8,634
Message 10 of 12

@SnoopDoge wrote:

this option is to mirror your pictures, for example, if you took a pic and behind you on your RIGHT there's a wall painting, if the option is ON the painting will be on your LEFT, if it OFF, the painting will be still on your RIGHT as it's hanged on the wall

Thank you. That's what I initially thought even before I tried it. The app is glitchy and so it sometimes wont even mirror my selfie. Motorola seriously needs to work on updating their apps. The Moto Camera hasn't been updated since August 26.

Top Kudoed Authors