Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conradm
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 1 of 4

imei unknown to support ?

Hi, I'm a french owner of a moto g4 plus second gen bought in india via Amazon last year (july or august). The phone has been working very well till maybe the nougat update (not sure). It is updated to latest patchs avalaible. For some time now the screen is, when used after some minutes, showing kind of ghost icons and ghost backgrounds. The problem seems to be very common with this model. I wanted to know if my device is still under warranty but when I look up the imei number or serial the lenovo lookup service tells me the numbers I enter are unknown. Please, what am I doing wrong ?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 615
Message 2 of 4

Re: imei unknown to support ?

@conradm wrote:

Hi, I'm a french owner of a moto g4 plus second gen bought in india via Amazon last year (july or august). The phone has been working very well till maybe the nougat update (not sure). It is updated to latest patchs avalaible. For some time now the screen is, when used after some minutes, showing kind of ghost icons and ghost backgrounds. The problem seems to be very common with this model. I wanted to know if my device is still under warranty but when I look up the imei number or serial the lenovo lookup service tells me the numbers I enter are unknown. Please, what am I doing wrong ?

You will need your receipt for warranty report even if your IMEI lookup was successful - you have one year from date of purchase. 

But if you purchased in India, your warranty service is also via the India region. If you are on a French support page, you may have to switch to Indian. 

But even if your IMEI is not found, you can still contact Moto support, but do find your Amazon receipt as that is how to determine warranty status. The IMEI lookup ican be innacurate, and customers still need to retain proof of purchase. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
conradm
Paper Tape
Views: 517
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but i'm afraid there is no more hope for me to use this phone again.

The phone was a 4th Gen One. I say "was" because I was gaz attacked and robbed

the 15th august !  The case is now in the hand of the police... The phone has been immediatly shut down by the thief and last known position remains the place where i was attacked. Meantime is there a possiblity to track it via Imei number ? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 512
Message 4 of 4

@conradm wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but i'm afraid there is no more hope for me to use this phone again.

The phone was a 4th Gen One. I say "was" because I was gaz attacked and robbed

the 15th august !  The case is now in the hand of the police... The phone has been immediatly shut down by the thief and last known position remains the place where i was attacked. Meantime is there a possiblity to track it via Imei number ? 

If you reported it to your carrier t should be blacklisted. But if they turned the device off, or have it airplane mode no. 

If they reset it, then the only one that could track it would be the carrier it has a sim for. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors