Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonu19
Paper Tape
Views: 8,448
Message 1 of 31

moto G4 plus screen turned black

I purchased my mobile from amazon india in August 2016. My mobile screen turned black and touch is also not responding.  I can't even shut down my phone , but other functions of mobile is workig properly like incoming calls, music ,etc. 

please help whats should I do. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,229
Message 2 of 31

Re: moto G4 plus screen turned black

@sonu19 wrote:

I purchased my mobile from amazon india in August 2016. My mobile screen turned black and touch is also not responding.  I can't even shut down my phone , but other functions of mobile is workig properly like incoming calls, music ,etc. 

Hi sonu19

Have you tried force rebooting your phone by pressing the power button for up to 30 seconds?

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support 

GTM
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,217
Message 3 of 31

Hi, I've also got a similar problem. It's only been nine months when I purchased a Moto G4 play. When I call someone, the screen turns off automatically, and I cannot get it on to hang up the call. I just cannot get the screen to unlock. It will not recognize any touching whatsoever. Nor does pressing the power or volume buttons work. The mobile just becomes totally unresponsive until I take off the battery to try and switch it off and on again. But even after I have turned off and on the phone it keeps happening.
This happens many times I make a phone call.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,132
Message 4 of 31

@GTM wrote:

Hi, I've also got a similar problem. It's only been nine months when I purchased a Moto G4 play. When I call someone, the screen turns off automatically, and I cannot get it on to hang up the call. I just cannot get the screen to unlock. It will not recognize any touching whatsoever. Nor does pressing the power or volume buttons work. The mobile just becomes totally unresponsive until I take off the battery to try and switch it off and on again. But even after I have turned off and on the phone it keeps happening.
This happens many times I make a phone call.

Hi GTM

Sorry for the delay in response. So it does only happen while on a call. Have you tried booting your phone into safe mode?

It is actually normal for the phone screen to turn itself off while on a call. It is made to reduce display power consumption by turning off the LCD backlight and to disable the touchscreen to avoid inadvertent touches by the cheek. But if it so happens even you are away on the phone, there might be something blocking its proximity sensor. Are you using a case on your phone? 

When specifically did this concern started? Has it been since you got the phone? 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

pradeepsajjan
What's DOS?
Views: 7,513
Message 5 of 31

Hello sir

I have the same problem and i tried force rebooting also but that didn't work for me what else should i do please help!!

@Moto_Ella wrote:

@sonu19 wrote:

Hi sonu19

Have you tried force rebooting your phone by pressing the power button for up to 30 seconds?

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support 

Nmotog4
What's DOS?
Views: 7,462
Message 6 of 31

I am also facing same problem but in my phone call is coming but with no sound and the touch is also not working not the power button is working.

amanikarre
What's DOS?
Views: 6,830
Message 7 of 31

im having same problem now from yestarday its started today completely gone only sound and vibration and blank screen MOto G4 Plus

amarsam
Paper Tape
Views: 6,732
Message 8 of 31

how did u fixed it . me too facing the same problem since yesterday.

please give the solution

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,728
Message 9 of 31

@amanikarre wrote:

im having same problem now from yestarday its started today completely gone only sound and vibration and blank screen MOto G4 Plus

Sorry to hear about that, could you please share us more information in regards to the same? Are you referring to the call? Could you please elaborate the issue?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,727
Message 10 of 31

@amarsam wrote:

how did u fixed it . me too facing the same problem since yesterday.

please give the solution

Could you share us more details on the same? Does this happen only when you are on call? Have you tried safe mode?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors