Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakmahesh98
Paper Tape
Views: 1,325
Message 1 of 9

moto G4 plus stuck and looping on the Motorola boot up screen

I booted it up when the charge was around 4% (while the phone was charging). The phone displayed the Motorola symbol and powered by android on the screen (for a longer than usual time ). Then it went to the hello moto and showed all the images of the frog, man etc.,  and then it showed the lenovo symbol and it got stuck half way of the lenovo animation.

All the buttons where working, I could use the power button to switch on/off the screen, but the screen still showed the lenovo symbol. I could feel the phone vibrate when i  touched the bottom part of the screen where the keypad is present. When I hold the volum down button the phone vibrated like it was changing the phones profile to vibrate then to silent and back again when I pressed the volume up. I waited  for 1/2hr for the phone to boot up since i could feel the touch working. It is like the rest of the phone except the screen was working. I could feel the phone vibrate when I recieved messages and the phone ringed when I my friend called to my phone, But the phone still displayed the lenovo symbol. 

So I tried to switch off the phone but it restarted and the same thing continued. So I pressed power button+ vol down and from there i switched of the phone.

Should i perform FDR or is there any other solution to this. 

kindly please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,305
Message 2 of 9

Re: moto G4 plus stuck and looping on the Motorola boot up screen

Hi deepakmahesh98,

Please be advised that it is recommended not to boot your device below 5-10% generally as the phone could go into the boot loop or get stuck due to power drops. 

However, before you could perform Factory data reset without restoring any apps-- please let your device discharge completely > connect to the power source overnight > try booting your device. Observe and let us know how it goes?

If this did not help, the next logical option would to FDR or Service/Repair.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,304
Message 3 of 9

Try holding in the Volume button and whilst keeping held in hold in the Power button until the Phone restarts.This emulates taking the Battery out.

deepakmahesh98
Paper Tape
Views: 1,288
Message 4 of 9

I formated the phone and the booting problem was solved . But after when I finished setting up my phone I found an Amazon app icon on the home screen when I looked for it in the app drawer it was not present. 

So I clicked the Amazon icon. It took me to the play store for installing Amazon( since I never did install Amazon and it definitely didn't came preinstalled on the phone ). I felt something was wrong and I checked the app info of the Amazon icon on my home screen . 

The app info showed the app name as 'invisible net' and had the same app icon as the 'NativeDropBoxAgent ' . Is 'invisible net' an malware or a system app . If malware please help me to remove it .  I had scene seen this Amazon icon on the previous formating of the phone but I thought it was a bug and I neglected it that time . I will upload the screen shot of the app info of both 'invisible net' and 'NativeDropBoxAgent' .

Kindly help.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,284
Message 5 of 9

Install,"MalwareBytes" from the Google Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware&hl=en_GB

and scan your system now!

deepakmahesh98
Paper Tape
Views: 1,279
Message 6 of 9

Is invisible net a malware or system app. The malwarebytes app didn't show any malware .

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,276
Message 7 of 9

@deepakmahesh98 wrote:
It didn't find any malware

I would just try and find any app that you know you didn't choose to install and remove it.

I keep a great Anti-virus on my Android phones just in case called,"Eset" ,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eset.ems2.gp&hl=en_GB

Chrome Browser has been known to be attacked by Ads/links.

Go Settings>apps>Chrome and disable/uninstall it.It should ask if you want to install the Factory version.Take this option.

I don't use Chrome.I prefer VIA browser and Opera Mini from the Playstore.

nitzz
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 8 of 9

hii

I have the exactly same problem. I tried rebooting in recovery mode as well but the problem remains same.

Is there any other solution to start phone other than FDR? 

The thing is I have important data in internal storage and want to extract it before doing FDR. But when I connect the phone to pc, it is always on charging mode so the pc doesnt detect it and also I cant see anything on screen to change the charging mode to file transfer mode.

please please help me bro.

nitzz
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 9 of 9

hii Swaraj

I have the exactly same problem. I tried rebooting in recovery mode as well but the problem remains same.

Is there any other solution to start phone other than FDR? 

The thing is I have important data in internal storage and want to extract it before doing FDR. But when I connect the phone to pc, it is always on charging mode so the pc doesnt detect it and also I cant see anything on screen to change the charging mode to file transfer mode.

please please help me bro. I am not in India so cant go to service centre as well.

Top Kudoed Authors