Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 1 of 1,116 (167,806 Views)

moto g4 plus charging issue ("ghost touch")

[ Edited ]

I have purchased and been using moto g4 plus since 6 days and I have observed and facing an abnormal problem i.e "ghost touch " Whenever I charge the device, during charging the touch does not work, it functions on its own, I am unable to answer the calls, calls get disconnected automatically, when I get a call and try to answer the notifications bar scrolls down from top, it works weird. I had tried with other chargers as well but facing the same problem. Otherwise it works well..but during the course of charging it is weird and touch is out of my control . Kindly request for a quick response. In need of fast answer so as to react quickly as even replacement period left is 1 day. Thank you 

• Edited subject to make it easier to find. - Matt
Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 1,116 (165,965 Views)

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

[ Edited ]

sivatejaswi wrote:

I have purchased and been using moto g4 plus since 6 days and I have observed and facing an abnormal problem i.e "ghost touch " Whenever I charge the device, during charging the touch does not work, it functions on its own, I am unable to answer the calls, calls get disconnected automatically, when I get a call and try to answer the notifications bar scrolls down from top, it works weird. I had tried with other chargers as well but facing the same problem. Otherwise it works well..but during the course of charging it is weird and touch is out of my control . Kindly request for a quick response. In need of fast answer so as to react quickly as even replacement period left is 1 day. Thank you 

Hello,

I'd like to get some information about this scenario. First, can you please update your profile with the IMEI/SN of your device? Second, can you please advise the make and model of the charger you're using? Third, if you know how to use ADB on your computer, can you try running this command and advise of the result? adb shell cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/panel_supplier

-Tom

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 3 of 1,116 (165,947 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the reply. I have updated my profile with my imei number. Regarding the charger, it is turbo charger supplied with moto g4 plus handset . I have even used tronsmart quick charge 2.0 charger for the purpose of cross -checking .I am sorry , i am not aware of ADB, if you can guide me , i will try .

Senior MotoAgent
Message 4 of 1,116 (165,932 Views)

sivatejaswi wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I have updated my profile with my imei number. Regarding the charger, it is turbo charger supplied with moto g4 plus handset . I have even used tronsmart quick charge 2.0 charger for the purpose of cross -checking .I am sorry , i am not aware of ADB, if you can guide me , i will try .

Thank you for the quick reply.  No need to worry about the ADB stuff. If my engineers require it, I'll see what I can to do to walk you through it. Let me get all this info over to the engineers and see what they say.

-Tom

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 5 of 1,116 (165,922 Views)

Thank you . i Kindly request you to respond back quickly so that if needed we can replace it immediately as the time left is too less.
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 1,116 (165,840 Views)

I am facing the same problem. What should I do? 

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 1,116 (165,822 Views)

Hi, 

Was this issue resolved? I am facing similar problem on my new Moto G4 Plus!

Thanks

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 1,116 (165,753 Views)

Hi, I am facing the same weird touch screen issue while charging. Please suggest a remedy ASAP.

Thanks,

Indranil

Punch Card
Message 9 of 1,116 (165,656 Views)

Got the phone today..having the same problem..ghost touch when turbo charger provided by moto is connected..

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 1,116 (165,619 Views)

[ Edited ]

This problem first came on G2orG3 when updated to MM(Kernel issue), but reverting back to L solved their issue.

But G4 released on MM from factory should've not faced this. I tried and tested it while charging, plugged with other charger, usb, but for my device "Ghost Touch" is absent not even a single issue while using touch. The device gets little warmer though on turbocharger but thats normal.
Now again coming to troubleshooting, I would recommend factory reset with autorestore disabled from recovery(perform backup of data before), and then try to replicate the issue.
@sivatejaswi Running ADB command is pretty easy, and the command provides details about the panel used in your device.

Top Kudoed Authors