Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 861
Message 1291 of 1,298

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

I just tried using ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS. The phone turned dark, because I had to set the brightness bar to less than 25%, and turning on adaptive brightness made the phone much darker. So, I cautiously moved the bar up and set it to a comfortable setting, at 75% high. It has only been 15 minutes and so far, GOOD.  I pray this works.  God bless you for the suggestion. 

Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 840
Message 1292 of 1,298

After trying about 4 different suggestions, including removing the back with tiny tools, turning on ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS worked PERFECTLY. I am sorry that I cannot thank you personally, but be assured that I give thanks to God for your help. Now, I can set the brightness to 100%, and although it is not as bright as regular full brightness, it is enough to be able to see the phone in bright outside light. Until I applied your fix, I was only able to adjust brightness to 15%, which prevented me from seeing the phone on sunny days. God bless you.

PatOz
What's DOS?
Views: 816
Message 1293 of 1,298

Re: moto g4 ("ghost touch")...tight back? Solution?

Has this resolved the problem?  I need a new phone and love my MOTO G4+ but the ghost touch makes me crazy.  It has helped quite a bit to turn the brightness way down, but it still happens.  I really think it is because the battery gets too warm.

Highlighted
Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 790
Message 1294 of 1,298

The problem seems to have several solutions, if you search the internet. This one (turning on adaptive brightness) worked for me 3 days now. A few times, it seems to start 'ghosting' (i.e., apps open by themselves), so I turn off the screen, wipe it with my hand or handkerchief, and it goes back to normal. I also use a cover with air holes (you can go to AliExpress.com and find "Dreamysow Heat Dissipation Case Cover"), so my battery never gets too warm. I can't assure this works for you, but it certainly worked for me (thank Goodness) Smiley Happy
LittleBitGrumpy
What's DOS?
Views: 381
Message 1295 of 1,298

This is the best fix yet, cant wait to get rid of my moto g4
Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 376
Message 1296 of 1,298

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue NOT FIXED

I hate to say that GHOST TOUCH was not resolved. It began getting scary again the next day. NOTHING I tried worked. I AGREE, I am happy to get rid of my Moto G (I use it now as a backup crap phone). I bought an LG V30, and haven't had a ghost infect it yet (after 2 months).  Getting the LG V30 fixed the ghost problem...ha!

glocal
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 1297 of 1,298

@Becauseofhim wrote:
This one (turning on adaptive brightness) worked for me 3 days now.

I found that the screen being very bright (with or without adaptive brightness on) triggers ghosting. With adaptive brightness on I noticed ghosting happened almost every time in broad daylight but hardly ever indoors. To test the hypothesis I covered the sensor with my hand while outside and ghosting always went away immediately (after switching screen off and on of course). So, switching adaptive brightness off or on will apparently work if you set brightness low -- say at 25%.

Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 239
Message 1298 of 1,298

Sadly, that worked rarely for me, BUT there are times when the brightness is at ZERO (which is not a problem indoors), the phone still goes crazy, even with 'adaptive' off.

The only solution is to turn the screen off and wipe the screen with a handkerchief or my hand, and turn the screen back on. BUT, sometimes I have to do that 2 or 3 times before the phone behaves. And, at ZERO level, it is still nearly impossible to use the phone in bright daylight. 

I finally gave my phone to another person who is using it as a spare backup (with Red Pocket's $60/yr, 100 min/txts, 500mb).

Just note that the 'ghost' problem can be more severe on some phones, like mine was.

Top Kudoed Authors