cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
NobodyGo007
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-03-2018
Location: GB
Views: 1,468
Message 1271 of 1,296

What's the reason of ghost touch on Moto G4?

I have very serious ghost touch on my G4 which makes it impossible to use the phone. It always happens while charging. I read posts and news online regarding the problem - it seems affected so many users including myself. The only solution seems to take it back to the service centre for repair. This phone was bought directly from Moto website a couple of years ago when the G4 was launched. Don't know how can I do it and where to go.

Is there any explanation of the reason behind this problem? The end-user might want to know why it happens.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,259
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 1,414
Message 1272 of 1,296

Re: What's the reason of ghost touch on Moto G4?


@NobodyGo007 wrote:

I have very serious ghost touch on my G4 which makes it impossible to use the phone. It always happens while charging. I read posts and news online regarding the problem - it seems affected so many users including myself. The only solution seems to take it back to the service centre for repair. This phone was bought directly from Moto website a couple of years ago when the G4 was launched. Don't know how can I do it and where to go.

Is there any explanation of the reason behind this problem? The end-user might want to know why it happens.


Hi NobodyGo007,

 

Either of these could contribute to ghost images, burn-in, etc. We recommend turning down brightness from the highest levels and not leaving the screen on for long periods of time. Both of these steps will also save battery life. If these items are not the issue, you should also try a Factory Data Reset to see if that helps. If you still have the issue after the above steps, and your problem is really bothering you, we recommend submitting your phone for repair.

 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,259
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 1,411
Message 1273 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue


@Naveen_S wrote:
Hi Matt. I know this thread is a bit old. But I went to one of the service center in Adayar, Chennai, India. The name of the center is "Smart Care CTG, Lenovo-moto service center, Adayar, Chennai"

As you said, "The repair centers are equipped to correct this problem without changing hardware."

But they told me that I had to replace the touch screen itself.

Kindly help me with this.

Hi Naveen_S,

 

Thank you for reporting the issue, please share us your details at supportforums@motorola.com for us to further investigate. Also, kindly share us the Job sheet and contact details.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Naveen_S
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-17-2016
Location: IN
Views: 1,346
Message 1274 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue


@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Naveen_S wrote:
Hi Matt. I know this thread is a bit old. But I went to one of the service center in Adayar, Chennai, India. The name of the center is "Smart Care CTG, Lenovo-moto service center, Adayar, Chennai"

As you said, "The repair centers are equipped to correct this problem without changing hardware."

But they told me that I had to replace the touch screen itself.

Kindly help me with this.

Hi Naveen_S,

 

Thank you for reporting the issue, please share us your details at supportforums@motorola.com for us to further investigate. Also, kindly share us the Job sheet and contact details.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

The service center denied to take my phone as they were not clear of what to do.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,259
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 1,331
Message 1275 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue


@Naveen_S wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Naveen_S wrote:
Hi Matt. I know this thread is a bit old. But I went to one of the service center in Adayar, Chennai, India. The name of the center is "Smart Care CTG, Lenovo-moto service center, Adayar, Chennai"

As you said, "The repair centers are equipped to correct this problem without changing hardware."

But they told me that I had to replace the touch screen itself.

Kindly help me with this.

Hi Naveen_S,

 

Thank you for reporting the issue, please share us your details at supportforums@motorola.com for us to further investigate. Also, kindly share us the Job sheet and contact details.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

The service center denied to take my phone as they were not clear of what to do.


Please write to us at supportforums@motorola.com sharing your contacts details, we will have one of our team to further investigate in regards to this.


Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

anushkakhurana
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-11-2018
Location: IN
Views: 1,251
Message 1276 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

I have had my G4 Plus since almost a year and a half, which the 'ghost touch' problem since almost the first month. Yet, I ignored it then. But it's been getting a bit out of hand these days- earlier the issue was limited to just while the phone was on charge, now it happens anytime it feels like. 

 

I visited my local service center two days back and they adviced to get the display changed for a whooping price of Rs.5000 (INR). Please advice how I should go about the situation.

wisin15
Paper Tape
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎03-27-2017
Location: US
Views: 1,100
Message 1277 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging/not charging issue ("ghost touch")

I have the problem since the beginning and today after years of having this phone I decide to take out the glas screen protector and the ghost touch completely stop. I hope this helps others.

mjaywant
Paper Tape
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-16-2018
Location: IN
Views: 842
Message 1278 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

hello i have moto g4plus handset
i have facing the touch issue only two or three touch are working after that i have to lock my mobile then after unlocking similar case will rise so kindly resolve my issue i am also contact lenovo care but they told me that display is is dead but no physical damage is occured still without cheacking my handset how they overcome this result ..
similar problem is rise before that & i visit care store but they rest my mobile & phone is working for few month now the issue is rise again
Yesudasj
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎07-30-2018
Location: IN
Views: 546
Message 1279 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

How can you say so?? If you had made this phone in a proper way then why should we face the same issue?? Will you pay for my g4+ repair?? Do you think I have to buy a Moto g4+ and give it to shop for repair and use??have haven't you checked before publishing this phone whether it has any problems?? Shame on you Moto!😤😤😭

R-xyz-M
What's DOS?
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-19-2012
Location: India
Views: 520
Message 1280 of 1,296

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

Hello,

 

    May be a bit late because I found this answer just today, but, I am in need of service center for Motorola G4 Plus that is suffering from frequent ghost touches and out of focus primary camera.

 

    I am in Navi Mumbai, India.

 

Warm Regards,

 

Ravi

 

Top Kudoed Authors