Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
otomg4
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 1281 of 1,288

Re: moto g4 plus charging issue

The phones are defectively designed. 

Buy a new phone, different brand. Then to port your data over, charge the phone fully and put the phone in the freezer. When it is cold, remove it and put it on a plastic ice block that you kept in the freezer. This will keep it cold enough that the ghost touching will not happen until it warms up. Migrate all data. When done, curse the manufacturer for being such an unresponsive vendor, and then drop the phone off at the hazmat centre that recycles lithium batteries. Never buy another motorola or lenovo product.

Amber_93
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 1282 of 1,288

Moto G4 Play not getting charged

I have a Moto G4 Play (2016). I happened to drop it from my desk on my shoe (Not directly on the floor). It came apart and the battery came out. When I put it back and tried to start it, it did not turn on, and was just showing the Moto/Lenovo logo, and then restarting. After sometime of charging, it got switched on, but I noticed after some time, that the phone is not getting charged. Also, when I plug it in and try to start it, it shows a ring, and in the middle, the battery logo with a question mark (?) on it. Is there a solution to this issue or has the battery gone bad? Can anyone give me an answer? Also, is it worth to change the battery or get it repaired or just go for a new phone?

PS: I don't like to change my phones too often, and am satisfied with the performance.

Swordfish62
Blue Screen Again
Views: 327
Message 1283 of 1,288

Re: moto g4 plus ("ghost touch")

Here is the solution for the ghost touch.

The problem is related to 'Moto" display which fade the screen in and out while the screen is off to show you what's going on.

Do the following:

1- Click on the 'Moto" app

2 - Once the app is open, click on "Display"

3- On the display menu, switch the toggle to "off"

Reboot your phone, and if the problem continues, reboot your phone again.

My phone has been working flawlessly for the pass 3 weeks without flickering, or ghost touching.

sanjay-b
What's DOS?
Views: 285
Message 1284 of 1,288

Does anybody from Motorola or Lenovo have a direct answer about the solution? Please don't escape by calling us to the service centre.

Phone not in warranty, still in use with everyday random ghost touches.  

Swordfish62
Blue Screen Again
Views: 245
Message 1285 of 1,288

read my above solution for the ghost touches.
Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 193
Message 1286 of 1,288

Re: moto g4 plus charging/not charging issue ("ghost touch")

I must say that it has been nearly over a year since I had the Ghost Touch problem with my wonderful Moto G4 4th Gen. Most of the time, I thought it was due to an unk app, because that is what I read. Recently, I was trying to show a photo outside to a friend and when I raised the screen brightness (which had to be at 25% or less), the screen when WILD with opening this and that. 

I did a search and read dozens of fixes, most which did not work for me. Lenovo offered to replace at a cost (too high). My alternative was to buy the Moto G6.  

I DID ultimately find a solution that works 'for me'. I cannot say it will work for you. After going down the list of on/off developer options, THIS one worked (I know, bec I have had my phone at 75% brightness for 2 days with NO problem, except biting my nails):

Go to developer options (search the internet if don't know how to do that), and turn ON this: Force 4x MSAA 'Enable 4x MSAA in Open GL ES 2.0 apps'.  

I have NO idea what that does or is (oir care), but it did work to remove ghost touch. 

Becauseofhim
Blue Screen Again
Views: 144
Message 1287 of 1,288

Re: moto g4 ("ghost touch")...tight back? Solution?

I had written before about going to developer options and changing a setting. I CANNOT find the solution to correct/update my comments. Nonetheless, that did NOT WORK. The setting kept going back to default. 

So, I tried one last option before dumping a great Moto G4 4th Gen (turbo charging). 

I ordered a set of 12 mini-screwdrivers from AliExpress for about $1.59. I was able to loosen the back plate of the phone with 3 of the 12 tools. Some screws were very tight, but pressing down carefully finally worked. I turned back the screws just a bit (not loose).

Since then, my theory that the reason for ghost touching was too tight a back, putting pressure on the screen, worked, at least for me. It only seems logical that an overtight screw might change sensitivity, but I am not an expert. 

Anyway, for under $2, it is work a try. You can always tighten them back as they were.

Paxtonsunny
Blue Screen Again
Views: 142
Message 1288 of 1,288

Ghost touch help

Help. Ghost touch on Moto g4. I can hardly use phone.

Top Kudoed Authors