Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitzz
What's DOS?
Views: 675
Message 1 of 5

moto g4 plus stuck on lenovo logo screen

I booted it up when the charge was around 4% (while the phone was charging). The phone displayed the Motorola symbol and powered by android on the screen (for a longer than usual time ). Then it went to the hello moto and showed all the images of the frog, man etc.,  and then it showed the lenovo symbol and it got stuck half way of the lenovo animation.

All the buttons where working, I could use the power button to switch on/off the screen, but the screen still showed the lenovo symbol. I could feel the phone vibrate when i  touched the bottom part of the screen where the keypad is present. When I hold the volum down button the phone vibrated like it was changing the phones profile to vibrate then to silent and back again when I pressed the volume up. I waited  for 1/2hr for the phone to boot up since i could feel the touch working. It is like the rest of the phone except the screen was working. I could feel the phone vibrate when I recieved messages and the phone ringed when I my friend called to my phone, But the phone still displayed the lenovo symbol. 

So I tried to switch off the phone but it restarted and the same thing continued. So I pressed power button+ vol down and from there i switched of the phone.

I tried rebooting in recovery mode as well but the problem remains same.

Is there any other solution to start phone other than FDR? 

The thing is I have important data in internal storage and want to extract it before doing FDR. But when I connect the phone to pc, it is always on charging mode so the pc doesnt detect it and also I cant see anything on screen to change the charging mode to file transfer mode. I also cant go to service centre as I am outside of India.

please please help me if you can...

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 608
Message 2 of 5

Re: moto g4 plus stuck on lenovo logo screen

Hi nitzz

Thanks for posting. We can do clear cache partition first before doing an external reset. When you perform a clear cache it will remove any temporary files that may be causing a problem, but will NOT delete your files or settings.

To perform a wipe cache partition:

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on. 

2. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode". Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark. 

3. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.

4. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Please let us know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Mike
Motorola Support

BoykaNelson
Paper Tape
Views: 541
Message 3 of 5

I have the same issue with my device. I tried the steps you've given. It doesn't resolved the issue. The complaint remains. Do we have any other options.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 501
Message 4 of 5

Hi nitzz and BoykaNelson,

If you were unable to resolve it using any of the previous steps, I recommend using the LMSA tool and see if it helps to reset the phone. Once you downloaded the tool, kindly perform the "Rescue" function. Please see the links for the instruction.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/ja/downloads/ds101291
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht102605

Best regards,
Mike
Motorola Support

BoykaNelson
Paper Tape
Views: 405
Message 5 of 5

Hi Mike,

I resolved the issue by resetting my phone. There was no other choices or way to get my phone work properly. But I was able to backup my Google setting and data with a simple step. The actuall complaint with the unit is that it stuck on Lenovo logo but it was working fine at back-end. So I was able to enable auto-screen rotation using G-assistant and I opened my settings page other apps  in multi-tab then BOOM my problem solved(partially). After completing my file and settings backup I resetted my phone and it's working as good as the new phone, except it's an old phone. But you might miss some of the features and apps setting with it but it gets the job done. Thanks for you and all others help. I appreciate it.

Top Kudoed Authors