Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pencil55
What's DOS?
Views: 1,200
Message 1 of 12

moto g4 plus suddenly not connecting to wifi

About three hours ago I noticed that my phone was not connecting to wifi. I connected to my wifi with my Ipad so I know it's working fine. I followed all troubleshooting steps including safe mode and resetting my network settings. It sees all the networks around me but will not connect to anything. The status stays in "obtaining IP address" mode. Android 7.0. Kernel update March 3rd

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,151
Message 2 of 12

Re: moto g4 plus suddenly not connecting to wifi

@pencil55 wrote:

About three hours ago I noticed that my phone was not connecting to wifi. I connected to my wifi with my Ipad so I know it's working fine. I followed all troubleshooting steps including safe mode and resetting my network settings. It sees all the networks around me but will not connect to anything. The status stays in "obtaining IP address" mode. Android 7.0. Kernel update March 3rd

Hi pencil55

What happened before the phone stopped connecting to the wifi? Are you trying to connect to a public wifi or your home wifi? Have you tried connecting your phone to a different wifi connection and see if it will connect? Have you tried the same password you entered on your Ipad? Can you go to Settings > Location > Toggle it On > Mode - Set to High accuracy? Please let us know what happens next. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

mfisher0
What's DOS?
Views: 1,120
Message 3 of 12

I have the same problem. I am connecting to my home wifi . my laptop connects fine using the same password.

mfisher0
What's DOS?
Views: 1,120
Message 4 of 12

I have the same problem. I am connecting to my home wifi with the same password as before. My laptop connects to the wifi just fine...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,116
Message 5 of 12

@mfisher0 wrote:

I have the same problem. I am connecting to my home wifi . my laptop connects fine using the same password.

Hi mfisher0, 

When did the issue start? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet? Have you gone into the Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings reset > Reset Settings? Please observe what happens next and let us know. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

swatikk33
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 6 of 12

MY mobile is not connecting to home wifi from last 2 days. i have done network reset and also i did factory reset. still i am unable to connect to wifi.  the error is coming no network available. The mobile also frequently restarting autometiclly. i was out of my country n whats up is only source to call. due to mobile problem i was unable to call anyone..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 353
Message 7 of 12

@swatikk33 wrote:

MY mobile is not connecting to home wifi from last 2 days. i have done network reset and also i did factory reset. still i am unable to connect to wifi.  the error is coming no network available. The mobile also frequently restarting autometiclly. i was out of my country n whats up is only source to call. due to mobile problem i was unable to call anyone..

Hi swatikk33,

Sorry about the ongoing issue that you have been facing in regards to the WiFi connection. Just to narrow down—does your 'Home WiFi' work with other devices? If not, the problem is most likely with the router. Appreciate your efforts performing Factory Data Reset. Did you do it with restoring any apps?

However, we can try a few steps here: 

• Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.
  • Perform 'Network Reset' on your device > then have your 'Router' reset > at the same time reboot your device > try to pair again and let us know how it goes? Hope this helps!

If you get any error, please share us the screenshot of the same—we would like to take a look?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Zee656
What's DOS?
Views: 288
Message 8 of 12

My Moto G4 Plus IP address is unavailable. And not connecting to WiFi.

I'm trying to connect WiFi but it's stucking on obtaining ip address. And the phone ip is unavailable. How can I fix that problem.

swatikk33
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 9 of 12

Re: My Moto G4 Plus IP address is unavailable. And not connecting to WiFi.

same issue i am facing form long time

swatikk33
Paper Tape
Views: 223
Message 10 of 12

I HAVE DONE WHAT U SAID LAST TIME..STILL ITS NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI.DUE TO IP ADDRESS NOT AVAILABLE. SOME TIMES IT WILL CONNECT WHEN I DO 4 OR 5 TIMES SWITCH OFF AND SWITCH ON MOBILE AND SET DEVELOPER OPTION. 

Top Kudoed Authors