Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbhishekAcharya
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,495
Message 1 of 2

phone not connecting to pc using usb

i today found out all of a sudden that even if i connected my phone with the laptop using a usb cable, no notification regarding the usb connection is being displayed in the phone as well as my laptop. the phone is getting charged however when connected to the pc. for making sure i connected the phone to the laptop using a different usb cable and even in safe mode but all my efforts in vain. can anyone plz hepl me out how to solve this issue?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,479
Message 2 of 2

Re: phone not connecting to pc using usb

@AbhishekAcharya wrote:

i today found out all of a sudden that even if i connected my phone with the laptop using a usb cable, no notification regarding the usb connection is being displayed in the phone as well as my laptop. the phone is getting charged however when connected to the pc. for making sure i connected the phone to the laptop using a different usb cable and even in safe mode but all my efforts in vain. can anyone plz hepl me out how to solve this issue?

If it worked before and doesn't work now then try the following:

1. a different phone with same pc cable - if this works, cable and pc are fine

2. a different cable with your phone, that works with a different phone

3. a different computer with your phone

If you determine the problem is your phone, and not the cable or the pc, then next step is cache clear and finally a reset. If none of that works, then likely your USB port is damaged. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors