Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAbdul
Blue Screen Again
Views: 205
Message 1 of 4

software issue with my Motorola g4 plus

There seems to be software or OS issue with my Motorola g4 plus. I am saying this because of the following case example. Everything works fine when I am using any application on the device as soon as I hit the home button the screen display the application screen instead of home it needs a touch or sliding the top drawer to get the home screen same thing is applied if hit multi task key to switch between apps the screen freezes and annoyingly i have to slide the top drawer down to see the updated screen every single time. Could have been my screen issue but I tested it by mirroring my screen to my TV and the issue persisted. I am currently on Android 7.0 never done any malicious activity on my phone already factory reset my device and the problem also persists in safe mode also. Please help I can't afford to buy a new phone and I believe reinstalling the OS can maybe solve the issue.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 175
Message 2 of 4

Re: software issue with my Motorola g4 plus

Have you goe into your app drawer and clicked on Device Help and run the Hardware tests?

I suspect it's a Hardware fault and the physical screen maybe faulty.

Anyway try a Factory restore again but this time from,"Recovery mode",

Turn OFF your phone using the Power button.
Now hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
Release both the buttons once Fastboot mode appears on the screen.
Now, use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to Recovery Mode and press Power button to select it.
Once the Android Robot screen appears, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons.
Now you should be in Recovery mode. Now, release the buttons.

When the phone is setting up don''t let it restore all your stuff automatically e.g skip as much as possible.You can do update later.See if it's working with a,"Bare" install.

Highlighted
MrAbdul
Blue Screen Again
Views: 172
Message 3 of 4

I performed the hardware test no issues over there. Already rebooted/factory reset several times in safe and regular mode with the idea of bare minimum did not solve the issue.

Though I narrowed down the problem by this. Seems like the problem was with the Google launcher which I even updated but the problem persisted so I tried another launcher poco launcher and my phone is butter smooth again.
Thanks
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 168
Message 4 of 4

@MrAbdul wrote:
I performed the hardware test no issues over there. Already rebooted/factory reset several times in safe and regular mode with the idea of bare minimum did not solve the issue.

Though I narrowed down the problem by this. Seems like the problem was with the Google launcher which I even updated but the problem persisted so I tried another launcher poco launcher and my phone is butter smooth again.
Thanks

That's great news.I use,"Holo Launcher" as it has more features than the Stock launchers Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors