Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

05-09-2017

United States of America

45 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 161 of 867

Re: 5 Plus on Verizon - very poor call quality

2017-05-11, 12:17 PM

Just checking in... I see we're still floating dead in the water. Awesome. 

Options

18 Posts

04-25-2017

United States of America

126 Signins

515 Page Views

• Views: 515
  • Message 162 of 867

2017-05-11, 14:04 PM

I have now sent in a negative review for this phone on Amazon as well as submitting a report of incorrect information on Amazon's listing indicating that this phone is not fully compatible on Verizon's network, with a link to this thread as a supporting detail (edit: no external links allowed, i guess). I suggest others do this as well until we get some real answers.

It's really too bad, as this phone, without the crippling bug, is really great.  I was inclined to be patient, but as Motorola/Lenovo is not responding with any actual information, my patience has run out.

Options

16 Posts

05-09-2017

United States of America

45 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 163 of 867

2017-05-11, 15:52 PM

Are they just going to continue to ignore us? Moto, can we at least get a quick update? Thanks

Options

1 Posts

05-11-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 164 of 867

2017-05-11, 16:43 PM

In Boston, MA and having this same issue.  It happens on 3 out of every 4 calls I make or receive.  To the person on the other line I sound fine.  I have had the phone since 5/9/17.

I have 90 return policy with my credit card used to purchase the phone.  That's how long Moto has to fix this.

Options

6 Posts

04-14-2017

United States of America

11 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 165 of 867

2017-05-11, 17:01 PM

Well, I'm at the end of road for this one for now.

I've noticed also that non VOLTE calls are getting dropped more frequently.

I tried turning Enhanced LTE back on to see if there was any improvement (there wasn't). Then when I went to turn it back off the phone says no service. Restarting doesn't help. Turning on Enhanced LTE and then restarting gets data back on, but we all know what happens then. BTW, putting my sim into a different Verizon phone gets LTE on right away, so it's not a service outage.

I'm ordering a Moto X Pure Edition (I broke the last one, otherwise I would have gone back to it MUCH earlier). At least I know that works on Verizon.

Since I'm out of the 14 day return window I'll just put it in my desk drawer and give it to the next guy at work who's not on Verizon and ends up breaking their phone. Or one of the kids if Verizon fixes it before then.

One other little piece of parting advice. If you go to Settings -> Legal information -> Arbitration and opt-out, you will see that Motorola has put a binding arbitration clause in their legal terms and conditions. You have thirty days to opt out of this binding arbitration. I'm normally on the side that binding arbitration is good, it keeps costs down for everybody, etc. But in this case I feel it's worth bringing up. Opting out of the binding arbitration gives you one more option that you would have otherwise lost if you didn't opt out. We all know there is a problem, so having that extra option probably won't hurt.

Good luck to you all on this one.

Options

35 Posts

04-12-2017

United States of America

110 Signins

740 Page Views

• Views: 740
  • Message 166 of 867

2017-05-11, 18:29 PM

wrote:

Are they just going to continue to ignore us? Moto, can we at least get a quick update? Thanks

I am now wondering if this is really a big issue for Moto.  The rating on Amazon is 4.3 stars.  That is really high and on par with Samsung S5.  So I can only guess that most people are not having this issue.  I also would expect that if everyone on Verizon's network was having this issue then the rating would drop.  So I guess I will not be holding my breath for a fix here.  Moto may decide to never fix this because of cost/distraction.  So we have to keep pressure on Moto/Lenovo so that maybe the squeaky wheel will get some grease.

Options

42 Posts

04-06-2017

United States of America

93 Signins

670 Page Views

• Views: 670
  • Message 167 of 867

2017-05-11, 23:13 PM

So this issue persists. I've been in contact with Motorola tech support and their only troubleshooting has been to do a facotry reset, and to turn off advanced LTE. Now they want to replace the phone, but I'm concerned that I (like everyone else in this thread who has done the replacement) will get it, and the problem will be the same. The technician also specified that it was a 1 time free replacement. I asked him how they could only guarantee one replacement for an obviously defective item and they sidestepped the issue. Unfortunately I'm outside of my return window through Bestbuy, but I'm borderline if I'll ever buy another motorola product due to this issue and the complete lack of meaningful communication on the part of the manufacturer. I realize that the moto team here may be out of the loop a bit on official communication, but there has been ample time to internally distribute information on this issue. When asked for more info, the team here only requested the same information that many of us have already provided.

There is no way that it is a limited issue in regards to number of people experiencing it. This is by far the largest thread on this forum for this model of phone. The high rating on reviews are probably due to the fact that people may not have advanced LTE enabled on their phone from the start. Either that or these reviews are bought and paid for.

Additionally, their return policy has 2 options: 1) pay $25, and have a hold on your account for 7-10 business days for $99. or 2) Ship them your phone, the replacement will ship in 5-6 business days after they receive the phone. Neither of these options should be considered acceptable business practices for having sold a defective device.

Am I taking crazy pills today, or does it seem like customer service is by no means a priority?

Options

42 Posts

04-06-2017

United States of America

93 Signins

670 Page Views

• Views: 670
  • Message 168 of 867

2017-05-11, 23:20 PM

Just verified with a Motorola supervisor on the phone that almost all Verizon customers with this phone are having this issue.

Options

11 Posts

02-19-2016

United States

15 Signins

219 Page Views

• Views: 219
  • Message 169 of 867

2017-05-12, 18:45 PM

Still no update?  Hopefully prospective customers continue to see this thread and act accordingly.

Options

20 Posts

05-12-2017

United States of America

25 Signins

266 Page Views

• Views: 266
  • Message 170 of 867

2017-05-12, 18:45 PM

Hi everyone, I thought I would add what worked for me, as all of you I had to turn off the HD voice option and I kinda got tired of it, I went on the Verizon chat, they asked me to turn off my phone they did some things and told me to start the phone and turn on HD voice again, It's been 3 days and my phone has been working great according to the rep, they just need to update something on there end on your account and it fixes the issue, they also said they are still updating the network for our phone. But this has been what worked for me!

**Verizon Rep:We're still developing features to work with such an amazing phone as the Moto G5, this device was not Verizon manufactured but due to the great demand it had among all type of clients we're looking forward to update our network compatibility thus this phone and all other Moto XT series can take advantage of our network and use all the fantastic features they come with. Rest assured what I have done to your account today you will have no issues in the future with Enhanced LTE enabled!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms