Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

16 Posts

05-09-2017

United States of America

45 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 211 of 867

Re: 5 Plus on Verizon - very poor call quality

2017-05-15, 15:50 PM

Agreed. I'm calling in today to advise their management of the frustration and reason for the phone return. I just can believe they see this everyday and completely ignore it. That's like them just calling us each and saying [removed] you, we don't [removed] our customers. Way to go team. 

Even just taking the time to come on a white to let us know ow they're still looking into it would be something. The lack of communication is the most infuriating part. 

• Edited due to Site Rules violation. - Preferred language - Anne
Options

18 Posts

04-25-2017

United States of America

126 Signins

515 Page Views

• Views: 515
  • Message 212 of 867

2017-05-15, 16:57 PM

36 minutes to edit naughty language

6 days since the last update of any kind

Timing. It's the secret to comedy

Options

16 Posts

05-09-2017

United States of America

45 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 213 of 867

2017-05-15, 17:52 PM

Hahahahahahahhaa

That's why I did it. Just to make sure they were looking. Now I know they flat out don't care. Time to talk to cnet. 

Options

6834 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3413 Signins

86006 Page Views

• Views: 86006
  • Message 214 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:08 PM

Hello everyone, so we have been investigating this. What I can tell you is that so far, it looks like this is related poor coverage combined with VoLTE/Advanced Calling/Enhanced 4G LTE. I can tell you that disabling Enhanced 4G LTE will help some, but if you're getting close to that -119dBm range then the call is getting close to being dropped due to poor coverage and the audio will start breaking up. I'm not saying it's the end of things, we're still investigating, but I at least wanted to let you know where we are at. The questions my agents have been asking on this thread are to provide more data to our engineers to help move this along and I appreciate all the feedback we've gotten so far.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

16 Posts

05-09-2017

United States of America

45 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 215 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:15 PM

Poor coverage? Are you kidding? That's just trying to put it in Verizon's​ lap. It's also simply not true. I live in Baltimore right next to a half a million Verizon Towers. I've never had coverage issues on any other phone. I have no coverage issue on my other Verizon phones. It's not the coverage it's the phone.

Options

18 Posts

04-25-2017

United States of America

126 Signins

515 Page Views

• Views: 515
  • Message 216 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:23 PM

If it's related to poor coverage, why is it only this model of phone having the problem with VoLTE?  My Galaxy S3, a phone from 2012, works just fine with VoLTE in the areas where this phone doesn't. 

Options

32 Posts

03-11-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

461 Page Views

• Views: 461
  • Message 217 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:24 PM

There is no way that this is a result of poor coverage. I took this SIM out of my prior phones and had crystal clear coverage with those phones in the same areas I am now having poor voice quality. I live in a large metropolitan area and travel all over it all the time, and in all of the years that I have had Verizon wireless, I have never had a problem with coverage.

I don't believe it.

Options

33 Posts

11-18-2015

United States of America

31 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 218 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:27 PM

wrote:

Hello everyone, so we have been investigating this. What I can tell you is that so far, it looks like this is related poor coverage combined with VoLTE/Advanced Calling/Enhanced 4G LTE. I can tell you that disabling Enhanced 4G LTE will help some, but if you're getting close to that -119dBm range then the call is getting close to being dropped due to poor coverage and the audio will start breaking up. I'm not saying it's the end of things, we're still investigating, but I at least wanted to let you know where we are at. The questions my agents have been asking on this thread are to provide more data to our engineers to help move this along and I appreciate all the feedback we've gotten so far.

-Tom

Absolute complete BS!! We have 2 other Moto devices on our account and both work with HD Voice / Enhanced 4G no problem. So what I now understand is this is a subpar engineered device and you in no way will fix this. The fact that you are shifting any blame onto Verizon is completely unsatisfactory. We have folks on this forum from NY, Baltimore, Boston, and other large metropolitan cities. Coverage in those areas is excellent. I encourage every person on this forum to return their device immediately, it's not getting fixed anytime soon. I believe it's a hardware quality issue and Moto is going to shove this down the line and continue to blame Verizon. Return those devices ASAP and go to all other forums and blow them up accordingly.  Moto should release a statement recalling all G5 Plus devices purchased by Verizon customers. This is the only acceptable outcome.

Options

44 Posts

04-05-2017

United States of America

46 Signins

443 Page Views

• Views: 443
  • Message 219 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:31 PM

Tom, if it is poor coverage then these phones have defective antennaes, which is very unlikely, because this is only happening to Verizon users.  Myself and many others can swap out the sim to another phone and everything works perfectly.  I have never had poor coverage where I live (5 miles outside Boston).  Also, this occurs everywhere I go including Dallas last month.

Options

17 Posts

04-20-2017

United States of America

41 Signins

281 Page Views

• Views: 281
  • Message 220 of 867

2017-05-15, 18:50 PM

wrote:

-Tom

I live in Columbus Ohio. Everyone in my household is a Verizon customer. I have had three or four Verizon phones over the past couple of years. I've never had any garbled calls or other connectivity issues with any other phones. No one in my home is having garbled calls. When I take the SIM out and put it in another phone, the calls are fine when making them from the other phone at the same location. Also as I travel around town, there is impact on the garbled calls. 

It could not be more obvious that the issue is NOT due to poor coverage. Let's go ahead and test your theory, though. Why don't you get one of these supposed technicians of yours, who are totally working very hard investigating this (wink wink), go out to a Verizon tower and, and make a call from directly beneath the tower. When the garbled calls continue to happen, will you abandon your theory that the problem is a coverage issue? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms