Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dog69
Serial Port
Views: 526
Message 1 of 5

8.1.0 update photo and SimToolkit problems

After the latest security update the camera shutter button sometimes works and some times not.

I have Sim Toolkit on my moto g5 plus with all latest updates.  What is it and why can't it be uninstalled?  I'm not sure when it showed up.

How do we get rid of this it has no uninstall.  I did a factory reset a few months ago.

Dog69
Serial Port
Views: 482
Message 2 of 5

Re: 8.1.0 update photo and SimToolkit problems

Also can't connect to Chromecast.  It finds the Chromecast but can't connect

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 418
Message 3 of 5

@Dog69 wrote:

After the latest security update the camera shutter button sometimes works and some times not.

I have Sim Toolkit on my moto g5 plus with all latest updates.  What is it and why can't it be uninstalled?  I'm not sure when it showed up.

How do we get rid of this it has no uninstall.  I did a factory reset a few months ago.

Hi Dog69,

SIM tool kit is used for operator related services like various value-added services from the operator. SIM tool kit is also used for activating and deactivating operator related services and packs.

SIM toolkit is an inbuilt operator service portal. It's like a doorway to use operator specific services if you like to. You can explore the same if you want and get a better idea. Beware, do not activate anything as you will be charged and some of the services do have monthly subscriptions and you won’t get any refund if you accidentally activate something as you click will be considered as a consent to activate the service.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Dog69
Serial Port
Views: 394
Message 4 of 5

How would I know if there is some sort of operator service that is being offered, or what it is?

I never noticed anything like that .  Besides I don't have any credit card attached to this phone.  Who would be billing me?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 264
Message 5 of 5

@Dog69 wrote:

How would I know if there is some sort of operator service that is being offered, or what it is?

I never noticed anything like that .  Besides I don't have any credit card attached to this phone.  Who would be billing me?

Hi Dog69,

Would suggest you get in touch with the Network provider for more information about this. 

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors