Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verniks
Paper Tape
Views: 600
Message 1 of 2

After februari first patch (android 8.1.0) camera no longer works

Hi,

I made the forum account specifically for this issue.

In februari there was a new security update. I didn't want to install it because every update brings new issues... Yes really.

So a few weeks back I decided it was time to give in to the anoying popup, with a scared hart I updated the phone and guess what. After the reboort: the camera no longer works.

I get the message 'Camera error - restart the camera'

When I restart the camera i can take 1 foto but then the camera locks up and the foto does not get stored. I have seen people with similar issuas and a proposed sollution to stop using the sd card as internal storage and format it back to external storage.

Wel I refuse to do that, I don't want to go trough the hassle and issues that will cause with all my apps. Fix this stuff and release a repair patch already. I am not going to format my sd card ok.

Thank you.

Verniks
Paper Tape
Views: 593
Message 2 of 2

Re: After februari first patch (android 8.1.0) camera no longer works

Ok guys, browsing a little further I found a (semi) solution with happens to work like a charm for me.

It was suggested by another user.

While the issue only started with the last update it seems to be caused by 'google lens'. In the security update something changed the way google lens behaves in conjunction with the camera.

If you try often enough at a certain point the camera will start up. You go to the cogwheel in the right corner to get to the settings, scroll down and toggle off the 'google lens' feature.

Et voila, everything works again. With no issues. Don't even know **bleep** google lens is. Never used it.

Come on lenovo, fix your stuff. Mark this thread as resolved if you will.
Top Kudoed Authors