05-21-2018

US

13 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 1 of 4

Android Contacts not syncing with correct outlook.com folder

2018-05-21, 14:35 PM

Essentially, my phone is not syncing with the correct Outlook.com contact folders.  There is no option in Android to choose the default sync folder for Contacts.

There are 3 contact folders in the root of my Outlook.com account:  Contacts, Exchange Contacts and Skype Contacts.  I've never voluntarily created the latter two folders.  The default should be Contacts.

The Android Contacts app seems to have chosen Skype Contacts as the default contacts folder.  Newly created contacts on the phone are sent to Skype Contacts.  Although I can see all contacts on the phone, edits I make to items in Contacts do not push back to Outlook.com; however, I can edit items in Skype Contacts.

In a separate request with Lenovo, they offered to replace my device for $25.00 in shipping.  I think this is totally unnecessary.

I have posted help requests on the Gmail and Microsoft forums.  I don't know where the problem is:  Gmail, the physical phone, or my Outlook.com account.

Thanks,

Super-Frustrated

Options

186 Posts

05-05-2018

US

63 Signins

1902 Page Views

• Views: 1902
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Android Contacts not syncing with correct outlook.com folder

2018-05-21, 14:41 PM

This seems to me a question for the Microsoft helpdesk as long you seems to have a problem with an Microsoft product.

I think on a outlook forum more people are able to help you then here.....   most people here are only capable off begging for Oreo :P

But there are a few smarties around.....  still I would put the problem at the source and not on an Lenovo forum....

Options

6 Posts

05-21-2018

US

13 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-05-21, 14:47 PM
Outlook.com support gatekeeper said something similar: "It's a problem with the GMail app or the manufacturer". I have posted in all three places.
Options

28303 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5840 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-05-21, 17:56 PM

I know the official line from microsoft is that if you want to sync with outlook.com you need to use the Outlook app - they don't treak Outlook.com as traditional Exchange, so if you configured your phone to sync with Exchange that is probably part of the problem. 

Have you tried the Outlook App?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete