Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeavyHetal
What's DOS?
Views: 2,918
Message 1 of 15

Battery Bulge Moto G5

Hello!

I noticed today that my back cover wouldnt close. If I take the battery out the case will close fine. I can only summise that the battery has swelled up. 2 months out of warranty... Any ideas? Is this common? Thanks

Agent-Katalin
802.11n
Views: 2,737
Message 2 of 15

Re: Battery Bulge Moto G5

@MeavyHetal wrote:

Hello!

I noticed today that my back cover wouldnt close. If I take the battery out the case will close fine. I can only summise that the battery has swelled up. 2 months out of warranty... Any ideas? Is this common? Thanks

Hi! 

It is not common. The back cover should stick closely to the device. Please, provide us photos of the device, where we can see that the back cover wouldn't close. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thank you!
Katalin

Ducatiboy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,634
Message 3 of 15

Hi, I have the same problem. My G5 is 3 months out of warranty and the battery is bulging, making it impossible to close the back of the phone.

The battery feels mushy and does not fit firmly into its bay.

Moto G5 on Virgin Mobile Canada

IMEI: 351871081131665moto1.jpgmoto2.jpg

MeavyHetal
What's DOS?
Views: 2,607
Message 4 of 15

Hello!

MY advice is to upgrade to the Moto g6 play. I tried a new gk40 battery which works but the battery life is terrible.compared to the g6. My g6 has been off charge for 17 hours now and on 60% with normal use. 

I suggest a cheap replacement battery and stick in eBay, buy a g6 and never look back!

User610
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,431
Message 5 of 15

Having same issue, very dissappointed  from the customer care service. We addressed the issue of fast battery drainage and those people ignored telling it's quite normal but just after 1 month of warranty period we had to connect the mobile all the time to power bank and use it. Today only I took the cover out and noticed that the battery is swollen and this has left me with no phone at festival time. 😔

Looking forward for immediate response and action for it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,389
Message 6 of 15

@User610 wrote:

Having same issue, very dissappointed  from the customer care service. We addressed the issue of fast battery drainage and those people ignored telling it's quite normal but just after 1 month of warranty period we had to connect the mobile all the time to power bank and use it. Today only I took the cover out and noticed that the battery is swollen and this has left me with no phone at festival time. 😔

Looking forward for immediate response and action for it.

Please contact our local service center for further assistance. Here's the link to locate the one nearest you: http://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/mcp/trackrepair2

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Ducatiboy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,383
Message 7 of 15

Hey User610,

I ordered and received a new battery from a Canadian seller on ebay.  It's an OEM Motorola battery, not a cheap knockoff.

Search for GK40 (the battery type) and find a Canadian seller called techbuycanada.

The battery costs $21.89 Canadian ($17.00 US) and shipping is free.

I'm pleased with the way my phone works now, and it's probably the cheapest way to fix yours. Returning the phone to Lenovo is expensive.

Chucky3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,372
Message 8 of 15

Can't believe no one from moto has said this but I would be very wary of charging a phone with a swollen battery. Your asking for a fire if you do. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,281
Message 9 of 15

@Ducatiboy wrote:

Hey User610,

I ordered and received a new battery from a Canadian seller on ebay.  It's an OEM Motorola battery, not a cheap knockoff.

Search for GK40 (the battery type) and find a Canadian seller called techbuycanada.

The battery costs $21.89 Canadian ($17.00 US) and shipping is free.

I'm pleased with the way my phone works now, and it's probably the cheapest way to fix yours. Returning the phone to Lenovo is expensive.

Mahesh113
What's DOS?
Views: 1,102
Message 10 of 15

I also have the second problem in same handset 

Top Kudoed Authors