Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Views: 752
  • Message 191 of 317

Re: Battery Life problem after update

2018-12-02, 20:45 PM

@geraldaukes,

You left her in factory reset condition or let her reload the apps you had before?

Let us know what battery life is with no apps back on. Then if bad, time, if still under warranty, turn her in for service repair.  And if with no apps back battery performing ok, sort out which app(s) are the culprit. As said I have encountered heavy such problems under marshmallow and nougat before. And solved them myselves. If no warranty you can ask quotation for repair and decide what to do next. The trick downgrading. Let yourselves be assist by somebody capable of doing that. Motorola repair center can do that. Be aware the problem might be reintroduced with certain apps. Mind you my G5 has a lighter battery then yours and does between 8-18 hours on Oreo using the phone. Not leaving it on just stand-by. Bluetooth and wifi enabled 24/7. Bluetooth is for ever occuring handsfree calls whilst driving. Screen on 30% .

I see EdT is as quick as me in responding and still on the same trail.

Don't use those ever starting memory optimizer apps trying to get rid of instantly refilling cache memory with the same. Navigation apps are killers also. Voice/phone recorders. Check if your problem is not starting apps out of the blue for some reason. Ghost phenomenon screen or protective case related or that bloody screenprotector that is useless, not using those anymore.

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Message 192 of 317

Re: Battery Life problem after update

2018-12-02, 21:11 PM

Before we go out buy an iPhone or One plus read stuff like this:

https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-to-fix-battery-drain-ios-10-iphone-10-tips-longer-battery-life

Like hey, you are in great company....

You just did not spend top dollar...

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/whatsapp-battery-drain.757116/

And lovely is how Google tracks you whole day where you did go, and God knows what more people do with your mobile moving around without you knowing it. This costs your battery life also. No they don't get that info from your provider, straight from your device!

I like the suggestion to use the battery saver functionality that Moto also has got to troubleshoot.

Options

5 Posts

12-02-2018

Ecuador

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 193 of 317

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

2018-12-03, 0:15 AM

I bought this phone for use down in Ecuador. The resent update completely disabled my mobile service all together. Of course I will not be returning to the states until after my warranty runs out. Sim card works in my wifes phone and problems started right after the update  so the issue is and was caused by the update.

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Message 194 of 317

2018-12-03, 6:15 AM

You bought the phone in the USA and updated in Equador?.Why not send the phone for service under warranty in the USA?

The Latin American market has its own version for one.

Tried solutions given in this thread?

And below for you a posting from somewhere when the nougat update got out back then....

https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-the-battery-drain-in-my-Moto-G5-Plus-I-installed-an-Android-7-0-Nougat-update-recently

Options

97 Posts

11-09-2008

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

117 Signins

460 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 460
  • Message 195 of 317

2018-12-03, 9:47 AM

Are you saying that you cannot make or receive phone calls after the update, or just that your 4G/Internet service is not functional?

You could also contact Motorola as your warranty may be valid if you ship your phone to a repair centre.

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Message 196 of 317

2018-12-03, 10:21 AM

I have a friend continuously complaining about any phone on a dutch T-Mobile SIM in any country not being the Netherlands.

Switching on roaming helps and realizing that not everywhere is coverage or wifi overrules your data and you must connect by confirming. When those phones cross the border all problems stop again. Same friend came back from Barcelona where iphone6 refused duty. Apperently apple looked over there and something about 5 digit code to be entered, which made no sense. Back in Netherlands I could not discover any fault. And T- mobile had a few spotted moment the phone surfaced in Barcelona. Nasty city for mobile coverage anyway. All brands of phones with different providers act strange there. And my Moto G2 was blown to bricked in Port there for unknown reasons. Had to buy a Moto G4 there.

So I would have inserted my wife's simcard or some prepaid( difficult to get in Latin countries sometimes) to see what happens. And then even Ecuador must have lot of those phone shops to help you out. Mind you Motorola has no representation in Ecuador. From that point of view I would not have chosen a Moto and certainly not usa iphone to take it there. Use local stuff. Shipping forth and backwards makes it no deal since customs might really spoil it taxing phone coming back. Unless somebody traveling regularly can take it on route. No idea about Ecuador but Colombian customs nextdoor charge 21% tax on the price they think something is worth. And that might not be your Amazon deal.

And it might be your phone does not support all Ecuadorian frequencies and your wife s phone does.

https://www.kimovil.com/es/frequency-checker/EC/motorola-moto-e5-plus

The 4G preference should be checked and other frequencies checked and a search on different providers made as well. In German bordercountry about 5 miles from here I run in to all sorts of problems and nothing wrong with my phone. Just no coverage out in farmland.

Options

5 Posts

12-02-2018

Ecuador

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 197 of 317

2018-12-03, 12:38 PM
Ecuador has no mail service, it is impossible to mail. I have tried all threads. I have tried online help.
Options

5 Posts

12-02-2018

Ecuador

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 198 of 317

2018-12-03, 12:42 PM
I cannot make or receive phone calls after the update. My sim card works in other pones. I am at the start of the Amazon jungle and shipping options are not available. Unfortunately my warranty will run out before I return to the country. Company should NOT have sent out updates not cleared of issues!
Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Message 199 of 317

2018-12-03, 12:45 PM

What you mean no mail service in Ecuador?  There I remember you rent a pobox or use something like club correos.

Been in the region long ago, had no phone, no internet and television, just a short wave radio. Decided to be one with the animal population and locals. One adjusts quick I remember.

Options

5 Posts

12-02-2018

Ecuador

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 200 of 317

2018-12-03, 12:51 PM
again i am not in a lager city. There is no options to ship my phone to the US.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms