Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 231 of 317

Re: Battery Life problem after update

2018-12-09, 20:17 PM

Touch and move your finger on screen and will see the CPU usage. It is crazy how it goes all the way to 2ghz on all the cores.

Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 232 of 317

2018-12-09, 20:21 PM

Both softwares. CPU stats on top and system2 on screen.

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Views: 752
  • Message 233 of 317

2018-12-09, 20:26 PM

As you noticed both my both screenshots, of my G5 on Oreo show a different behaviour then what your screenshot reflects from what I assume is your G5 (plus)?

What conclusion to be drawn?

Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 234 of 317

2018-12-09, 20:33 PM

Unnecessary CPU usage. Not sure maybe they need to review the code that use the cores and how handles the priority of process. 

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Message 235 of 317

2018-12-09, 23:26 PM

After  decades as a mechanical engineer against electrical engineers, load is produced by proces demand. The usual mechanical device in production produces a demand for power to be driven. No processor with any core will by shear code generate unnecesary load/demand unless some proces task actual demands it and is energy consuming. No battery life is consumed by code but only by the period of time possibly with certain frequency is waisting/ using energy. In that way I rather suspect screen usage or times an app is called or notification generated. So a process task activated.

Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 236 of 317

2018-12-10, 0:19 AM

Enbale the screen updating on develop options to understand and see exactly what I am talking about.

I share what I find by having same and more years experience in computer and IT.

Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 237 of 317

2018-12-10, 0:50 AM

Screen on your phone gets update constant when you do any thing on screen. Enbale the screen update on developing options to see it. Anytime by moving, changing or doing anything on your screen, it uses CPU and GPU to update the screen. 

Issue is, it doesn't need 8 CORES to update the screen. This is one of the visual issues that we can see it visually. Samething when you use apps. It uses all the core equally. It wasn't looks like that and it is not supposed to be like that by OS instructions on how to handle and use cores.  

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Message 238 of 317

2018-12-10, 5:04 AM

Let us believe you have a point, then still under Oreo to your theory the system demands usage of 8 cores together. Which my screenshots do not indicate.

What are you steps to convince Motorola and more important Google they made the wrong code?. Oreo is developed by Google.

And why are smart phone manufacturers not pressing Google to do so? Rumor is that so called isues are hampering number of sales with devices with Oreo. I said rumour spread somewhere. Not backed by significant complaining number customers.  Or Google's great firewall would filter them out? These phones are sold worldwide in huge numbers. And overhere it is no issue. Can not detect vast amount of users complaining on Reddit or XDA. Would it be the case other band wagons would have jumped the problem

But let's say you are right.... Where do you go from here? Not even Lenovo filters a complaint out. It is like complaining about a V8 engine using all cylinders where only one cylinder can do the job.... Why engine builders never came up with this solution?

Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 239 of 317

2018-12-10, 7:06 AM

I am not trying to proof anybody anything. I share what I find.

Each manufacturing company make their own custom Android OS 

. Core is thetsame but they make it custom. It is not %100 Google's issue. Lenovo need to review and check thier custom code to find the issue. 

Usually they come with updates and service packs. Even on Windows base OS, when I was working on IBM computers, we were facing issues by having constant max CPU usage on OS. It was IBM's reaponsibility to fix the issue and we were getting updates to fix the issue from device manufacturing company not from Microsoft. Sometimes you get service packs from OS manufacturing companies also when they find issues in their core deep bugs on coding.

For example, on my old Motorola phone, Motorola ( Lenovo) released the new Android 4.04 much longer than when Google released the new version and that was because Motorola was customizing their OS for thier phone.

In this case both companies need to co-operate to come with a solution.

Hopefully shortly we get updates and fix for this issue.

I don't write code or develop app for Android base devices but based on my background and experience I can troubleshoot the issue. Fix is from them!

CPU management no multi core and multi tasking has different complicated instructions and priorities that needs to write it carefully. What is doing now it  is doing now, it seems all the cores and use them all in a time. If they don't write it right it will act looks like a VIRUS! And will make the processor an useless and dumb part of the board.

For example for typing a simple words, OS doesn't need to use %40 of all the corea, that is waste!

On Windows base, you can set the priorities and set the CPU usage by user preferences. 

Hope this explanation help you to see the issue.

Options

18 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 240 of 317

2018-12-10, 7:14 AM

Off the topic but FYI:

For your information on v8 or bigger engine, they have solution and that is electronic/ hydrolic valve controlling system.

They disable 4 of the cylinder and engine runs on 4 cylinders to save fuel. Later when they need more power they engage the other cylinders.

https://www.thoughtco.com/cylinder-deactivation-85604

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms