Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

97 Posts

11-09-2008

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

117 Signins

460 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 460
  • Message 311 of 317

Re: Battery life has shrunk drastically

2019-09-11, 6:58 AM

In this case a factory reset does fix the problem. Google play reinstalls apps for you and you get a chance to purge old apps you never use. It certainly worked for me, and it's a few minutes well spent.

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Views: 752
  • Message 312 of 317

2019-09-11, 8:32 AM

Month laters, EdT still defending the right fortress and others coming up with the wrong solutions. Do not install unnecessary apps that will end up reinstalling old stuff that will cause problems. Especially that Microsoft interface. Keep it down to what motorola provided . Install latest versions from same app with help from your account details in PlayStore. Yes, It will do that. Any other backup tools will reinstall old problems unless thet just put back data.  Mostly not. Google had a good thought about designs of its system, data and apps. Stick to that.

Options

43 Posts

06-09-2017

Czech Republic

105 Signins

568 Page Views

• Views: 568
  • Message 313 of 317

2019-09-11, 14:12 PM

wrote:

Month laters, EdT still defending the right fortress and others coming up with the wrong solutions. Do not install unnecessary apps that will end up reinstalling old stuff that will cause problems. Especially that Microsoft interface. Keep it down to what motorola provided . Install latest versions from same app with help from your account details in PlayStore. Yes, It will do that. Any other backup tools will reinstall old problems unless thet just put back data.  Mostly not. Google had a good thought about designs of its system, data and apps. Stick to that.

Do you mean "Stick to factory reset & reinstall all apps" with every single problem? My life is too short to do that. ;-)

Options

73 Posts

11-11-2018

Netherlands

108 Signins

752 Page Views

• Views: 752
  • Message 314 of 317

2019-09-11, 14:28 PM

@streamline, you have never used android, so I take it that you don't know how to use the PlayStore. PlayStore will do just that for you. Any other tool like titanium, meant for old times and different purposes will do wrong thing. PlayStore comes with the phone and need no rooting :-) would have done the job whilst you loose time out here .  I gather you use an iPhone?

Options

43 Posts

06-09-2017

Czech Republic

105 Signins

568 Page Views

• Message 315 of 317

2019-09-11, 14:34 PM

wrote:

@streamline, you have never used android, so I take it that you don't know how to use the PlayStore. PlayStore will do just that for you. Any other tool like titanium, meant for old times and different purposes will do wrong thing. PlayStore comes with the phone and need no rooting :-) would have done the job whilst you loose time out here .  I gather you use an iPhone?

I have Lenovo Moto G5 Plus.

Options

27 Posts

09-11-2017

India

37 Signins

155 Page Views

• Views: 155
  • Message 316 of 317

2019-09-11, 14:58 PM

According to defenders on this forum !

Either just accept the bugs and glitches and the bad service of moto OR use Iphone !

According to them, there is either Moto in android or Iphone in this world.

Also for them factory reset is like a daily chor and we don't have anything other then setting our payment apps, or WhatsApp and similar media !

There is just no positive outcome from posting your issues or problems here !

They provide with factory reset or it's Google's problem

Options

43 Posts

06-09-2017

Czech Republic

105 Signins

568 Page Views

• Message 317 of 317

2019-09-11, 15:49 PM

wrote:

According to defenders on this forum !

Either just accept the bugs and glitches and the bad service of moto OR use Iphone !

According to them, there is either Moto in android or Iphone in this world.

Also for them factory reset is like a daily chor and we don't have anything other then setting our payment apps, or WhatsApp and similar media !

There is just no positive outcome from posting your issues or problems here !

They provide with factory reset or it's Google's problem

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

P.S. "accept the bugs and glitches and the bad service of moto" ... this should be known to any potential customer BEFORE he/she buys Lenovo. I'll never buy anything from Lenovo anymore.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms