Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alankrita
What's DOS?
Views: 299
Message 211 of 247

Re: Battery Life problem after update

Even I updated my phone past 5days and yesterday night my phone's battery is draining . Can we downgrade our Moto g5 to nougat?!

Dutchdragon57
Punch Card
Views: 295
Message 212 of 247

@alankrita

You can, on youtube circulate videos how to do it. However, had same problem on older Android versions and some people proved to that can get such motos on Oreo to normal. I have two video links in an earlier posting in this thread, one Spanish , one english language. Why not try the remedy steps given in this thread?

You have to restart on nougat all over also downgrading, so you might as well factory reset and not reload unnecessary apps and change a few settings. It might be that conclusion is that Oreo is better OS...

I heard all kinds of comments when XP was replaced by windows 7 and then afterwards by windows 10 . To be honest 10 is best sofar if you ignore wrong advices from windows support team.  Only thing I ever degraded was an iPhone and it did not help because certain update destroyed wifi chips. Modded , custom rommed, rooted Android TV boxes. Wouldn't do that on my business phone. Because there is a bloody good reason not to install stuff from untrusted sources. Suddenly your box or phone is taken over by some guru possibly wanting some bitcoins or a payed upgrade to his personal business. Been there, got burned, recovered.

If you have a g5 plus don't like YouTube I give you this link

https://unbricks.com/unbrick-motorola-moto-g5-plus-firmware-downgrade-bootloop/

Note I do not support the link and certainly not the outcome of the venture. You are on your own. I do not even promote it.

For other versions Google around but the procedure gives you some picture of such venture. I noticed tonite in local Aldi supermarket over border in Germany that a G5 completely outsold for 99 euros/ piece.  G6 is widely available here...now..

Streamline
Serial Port
Views: 280
Message 213 of 247

@Dutchdragon57... However, had same problem on older Android versions and some people proved to that can get such motos on Oreo to normal....

Due to many issues & complaints I haven't updated from Nougat to Oreo yet. My battery performs OK, ie. no battery-drain issue here. I'm very glad I've refused the update.

heelstriker
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 214 of 247

Has anyone found a reasonable workaround yet? My phone is completely unusable right now thanks to the update.

jeffh57572
Paper Tape
Views: 249
Message 215 of 247

as is mine, cannot place or receive calls.
EdT
Punch Card
Views: 204
Message 216 of 247

Is your phone able to find your local provider, or have you tried to select the local provider manually?

Witgit7
Fanfold Paper
Views: 192
Message 217 of 247

This is what I found. Somehow the CPU usage management has changed on version 8.1.

It uses all the cores together even for a simple processing. On version 7.0 it wasn't looks like this. You can install this app called CPU stats and monitor the usage of the cores.

I have noticed the leve of the CPU usage has changed dramatically for some unknown reason. Maybe CPU management on v 8.1 has issue.

Highlighted
bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 161
Message 218 of 247

Another battery life data point on a 64GB G5 Plus RETUS. Post 8.1 update, post factory reset, post full charge. Very light usage, no phone calls or texts, mostly just some email reading and web surfing via Wifi and some file transfers via WiFi. 3 days and 18 hours after full charge phone at 3%.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Dutchdragon57
Punch Card
Views: 155
Message 219 of 247

I suggest donating phones to guys like Bennor, and blow your money on let's say iPhones. Those guys happy, apple happy, and you?

All problems described besides battery life where reported on marshmallow and nougat already on wide variety of brands of Android phones. I experienced them myselves. I got rid of some bugs after going to Oreo. Not found a new one yet.

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 70
Message 220 of 247

@Witgit7 wrote:

This is what I found. Somehow the CPU usage management has changed on version 8.1.

It uses all the cores together even for a simple processing. On version 7.0 it wasn't looks like this. You can install this app called CPU stats and monitor the usage of the cores.

I have noticed the leve of the CPU usage has changed dramatically for some unknown reason. Maybe CPU management on v 8.1 has issue.

Don't have a comparison to 7.0 but you are right on 8.1 all eight cores are in use when phone (64GB Moto G5 Plus) is idle. CPU Z screen cap.

Screenshot_20181208-172501.jpg

Top Kudoed Authors