01-10-2019 09:27 AM - edited 01-10-2019 09:38 AM
Answer was already given several times by EdT and me in this thread. Everything that did not come with the phone after reset, so all to be re- installed apps are to be tested for compatibility. Google chrome is stock and no problem. Please follow advices. I don't think me nor EdT will spend time on individual phones.
This process goes for any system update on any platform or any device. Just too much out there for Google, Microsoft or apple to guarantee to work properly. And they can't stop innovating for somebody's silly app they don't even know exists. Could come from a sideloaded APK even that is not even in the Playstore. Lenovo nor google can give guarantees for all those loopholes.
For those thinking about iPhones, A friend of mine has the same problem with an iphone 6s, non approachable with TeamViewer and the object couple thousand miles away can not review it until it returns to Europe. But I already know what to expect and what to do. Same procedure given here. So if money burns in your pocket go out buy an expensive phone that might be as usefull as our cheaper paperweights. But hey maybe you have status putting it in front of you in restaurant or if you are lucky get robbed on the street for the suddenly more interesting resale value. Up to you. Amen
01-11-2019 07:11 AM
My friend just called that he was almost killed in a raid on the taxi in city center in some big city overseas to rob the aged iPhone 6s. No joke. I gave him a cheapo Android last year to carry there. Status might get hazardous.... Who cares about nougat or Oreo then?
01-11-2019 05:26 PM
So.. I reset my device and now Updating my stock apps and logging in my emails and other accounts. Haven't downloaded any third party app. yet. I will post when I see a difference in the battery life.
Also one thing I noticed is that my "last full charge" column shows 93days since fully charged ! I mostly fully charges my phone when it hits 15% mark.
any comments on that ?
is it a bug ?
01-12-2019 03:35 AM
Hi Nilesh - you have to provide a bit more information for anyone to be able to even guess at the source of your problem. It's like going to a doctor who does not know you and saying something is not right but not supplying any further symptoms to aid diagnosis.
First of all, I doubt it is a bug as it would appear that the problem pre-dated your upgrade to Oreo. You do not mention how old your phone is, or whether it is in warranty.
So let us examine possible causes and what you need to do:
1. Is your charger the original one from Motorola or are you charging from a USB port or another charger? Have you tried a different charger to what you are using currently in case there is a hardware fault with the charger you are using? While I am working, I leave my phone plugged into a USB port and that keeps it at 100% charge without any issues. Normal charging current on my phone is over 400 and under 500mA so well within the standard USB spec.
2. If your phone is over a year old, and you use it a lot, have you considered that the Lithium Ion battery in the phone may be reaching end of life and therefore unable to reach the charge level that the phone regards as 100%. Lithium batteries are not regarded as having a memory effect, which the older NiCd technology was known for, so there is no need to run the phone down to 15% before recharging. Just keep it charged up if you have the opportunity.
3. The charging circuit on your mobile phone may have developed a hardware fault, but realistically, if the phone is out of warranty then the only way to test this is to replace the existing battery in the phone and see what happens.
4. Does your phone indicate 100% charge when you unplug the charger after charging overnight?
My phone is happily indicating last full charge less than two hours ago on Oreo, and I had the same accurate reporting on Nougat, but my phone is only about a year old and is seldom used for phone calls but mostly gets used for internet browsing and work emails, with some game playing, so battery drain tends to be lower than making calls all the time.
01-12-2019 04:18 AM
Another kudo for EdT..., In this game suddenly these charging/battery problems arise for what ever reason not even related to updates. My famous friend overseas still clinging on to that iPhone 6s has bunch of problems regarding that. Gets only 3 hours after battery replacement. And those lightning cables brake every month or so. Good money making scheme apple allways had on charging cables. Well the cheapo of 2 bucks works as good as well. The use of regular POTS is over, WhatsApp etc is the standard. And that is not the best app. But better then Plain Old Telephone System, POTS.
What ever is clear, there is no 99,9% battery life problem after update to Oreo. Otherwise the row would me much more loud by consumer organisations, nerd orgsnizations reviewing phones etc. Nothing of all that. What ever it is , it came around after KitKat. Marshmallow and nougat gave these sporadical problems also and had the same cure procedures. So not updating the phone will not assure anything because then you should also not update any app from Playstore. At some point, some apps become incompatible and might even stop working correctly. And then you got aging hardware problems. 2 years is a nice life time for a mobile phone. Then , to keep up buy something better in technology and don't spent too much. I would say max 200 bucks. Forget insurance. Stop thinking in old clam shell type phones lifes that were usual longer. You had no internet on those!
See the phone like your car, drive it between designed specifications. Don't try to equip it with whatever is sold around, and then say it is not doing what it was designed to do. No Google cant design against any silly app outthere that even might be sideloaded or was there from kitkat times. Has anyone read the explanation presentation on how Oreo works I posted some weeks ago in this thread? Obviously almost nobody. Does not matter. The procedure stays the same.
At some time the Playstore protected against incompatible version for certain OS or hardware if problems known. However lot of people root, mod, have some apks on the side and just load them back from download folder still there even after upgrade or from a Gmail attachment or some titanium backup. And then problems arise. And everybody swears on the Bible as innocent children or sheep that they only did a pure upgrade.... If that innocent , procedure should work or something else has been going on. Seen people that lost their phone in the toilet, dried in bag of rice or dropped it from 6 stories high and come back claiming it just stopped working properly voluntarily.... Why do the other 99,9% work still and why can't they Google and get to this thread? Assuming a gross 0,1% has a battery problem, which I doubt.
01-12-2019 07:45 AM
thank you for considering my case !
I will try to give every information...
1. does the problem pre-dates ! - I think yes but I never noticed it till now when the battery % starts decreasing 1 per minute of browsing, which I do most on the phone at work.
2. I bought on first date of it's launch in India.. which is I believe was in march'17
3. yes I use original charger and cable... though the phone been in two accidents while charging : the charging cable gets stuck in something and gets snatched away from the phone which made the USB port in the phone a bit loose.
4. It does shows 100% charge whenever I charges it, thatst why I was wondering how it showed last fully charged since 93 days...
5. Yes I consider myself a hard user because I don't use laptop for things that came be done over phone, which mostly includes YouTube for hours(and hours sometimes means a battery from 100 to 20%, please don't judge 😅), watching anime on mobile ... sometimes a season at time... though never played heavy games... the largest game on my device, I guess, would be clash royale.
6. I never charged my phone overnight ! I always charge it consciously and it does gets charged in around 2hours though it does started taking more time at the end nowadays ( for the last 5%)
7. I did factory reset my phone in safe mode. Didn't logged into my accounts for a while. when I login I unticked the option that asked to install the apps..though I did backup my other data and settings stored.
The battery problem is still persistent. As I was writing this post, in the meantime, it fell from 98% to 92% .
I haven't installed any app on the device yet, just updated the stock apps.
If I miss anything that is worth noting please let me know I will promptly reply..
Thank you once again for the time and help.
01-12-2019 08:19 AM
can you suggest me another good browser instead of chrome because I have been using YouTube with speakers and the battery usage is, I guess, normal and unlike chrome.