Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lonnie2
What's DOS?
Views: 9,550
Message 8 of 248

Battery Life problem after update

Just did the latest update on my Moto G5 last night.  Battery used to last 2 to 3 days.  Today it went from 100% to 3% in 9 hours!  Anyone else seeing this?

Tanmay222
Paper Tape
Views: 16,155
Message 1 of 248

Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

Yesterday, I updated Moto G5plus with new Oreo update. After, after this my phone start lagging, application both preinstalled and post installed start charshing. Many time it just lagged to Moto animation which we see in starting of booting of phone. Also, charging phone become very time consuming task. 

Seeing this I contacted customer service center. Customer service people doesn't even know that Oreo update was their. They told me they haven't received this software so they can't help me . I tried to use safe mode didn't work well for me. I reset it , hard reset it doesn't work. 

AmeyD
Token Ring
Views: 16,049
Message 2 of 248

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

Have you cleared cache through recovery?

Give the software a few days to stabilize (probably a week). Even I have started noticing few issues like occassional stutter and 10 hr battery life.

lets see!

Moto G5 Plus
Tanmay222
Paper Tape
Views: 16,042
Message 3 of 248

Yes I cleared it but doesn't think  anything will work for now. Yes, I can wait, it's kinda normal and mandatory condition  for buying Moto's phone. 

Tanmay222
Paper Tape
Views: 15,793
Message 4 of 248

wow, Just talk to support and who get me touch with customer service.They told me yesterday that they dont have any solution for my phone right now will inform me when they got which will chargeable to rs 300 or something. now today they start bargaining they told me they take rs200 and etc. when i told him why would i pay since problem is arised only after updating provided by company, he replied u have to pay since your phone is out of warranty or else wait for next update . I dont understand that first of all the problem in device is arised after updating the official update provided by company for which i have to pay. I think thats a great way to earn money. give a faulty update and then charge customer for fixing it.

i dont think i should ever recommend the phone to anyone one since . All the moto do is to make you wait and charge for waiting.

Msbmlk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,161
Message 5 of 248

Battery drain issue after oreo update

After updating to oreo i am facing battery drain issue... From 100 to 15% drains in about 2 hrs ..plz help 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,608
Message 6 of 248

Re: Battery drain issue after oreo update

Hi Msbmlk,

The upgrade itself uses a good deal of power, and it continues to use power over the following hours as all of your apps and systems update. This is perfectly normal and can lead to temporarily shortened battery life and higher temperatures. Our research shows that it can take up to a week or 10 days before battery life stabilizes after an OS upgrade. Please do not draw conclusions about your battery life soon after it upgrades.

What we do recommend is to update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial or IMEI number. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let us know (just reply here) if it's okay for us to look at your apps. This way, if you find battery issues down the road, we will have check-in data to help us find the reason.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Devformedico
Paper Tape
Views: 12,576
Message 7 of 248

I am facing charging problem after update to Oreo with my Moto g5 plus. Not or slow charging, But fast drainage!!

rjcc
What's DOS?
Views: 9,132
Message 9 of 248

Re: Battery Life problem after update

Same thing, many people reporting the issue on reddit in the moto g subreddit. The battery life line is just a straight line down and the phone is running hot all the time. It can barely charge because the battery is draining so fast.
natej67
What's DOS?
Views: 9,068
Message 10 of 248

Re: Battery Life problem after update

I am having this exact same issue. Battery usage line is straight down and my phone seems to be running hot.

Top Kudoed Authors