Message 91 of 247

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

@eokenned wrote:

Completed the update last night.

So far the problems include

• rapid battery drain
  • wifi not working properly
  • 4g/3g internet not working properly and continuously dropping

I really had no interest in upgrading to Oreo was very pleased with my phone the way it was but it kept pestering me.

I'm so frustrated and angry. Please, please provide a mechanism to roll back the update.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We encourage you to post only the experience that's related to this thread, which is battery concerns. If you have other challenges after the Oreo update, please create a new thread for it OR post in a similar existing thread, if there's already one. This way, it will be easier for us to track emerging concerns.

In the meantime, would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Hemant_Nagar
What's DOS?
Views: 693
Message 92 of 247

EdT
Punch Card
Views: 671
Message 93 of 247

I too have battery problems (as well as others) with my Moto G5 after installing the OREO update.  This phone is quite new and the battery is in good condition and gave good life on one charge before update.  Due to the number of users affected, this OREO update could be described as malware that you have allowed to install on our phones. In the UK, that is a criminal offence.  Please take this seriously as I expect a fix to be made available in the next couple of weeks, otherwise I will be speaking with my local police station about your actions.

I am happy to work with you if you need further information - just let me have an email address to contact you on.

EdT

EdT
Punch Card
Views: 637
Message 94 of 247

Perhaps you could set up specific threads to address each of the issues users have raised, and add them to each reply so that users don't have to hunt for them.

So if you could focus on

Poor battery life after Oreo update

Poor WiFi connection after Oreo update

Camera always crashes on startup after Oreo update

Poor 3G/4G data after Oreo update

If other forum members agree with this idea and want to add to the list, please go ahead.

It is sad to see Motorola support sitting on their hands and doing very little (based on the lack of any effective help in these forums).

However, I suspect it is based on their parent company (Lenovo) not providing the Motorola staff with any help in this matter. 

When Lenovo bought the IBM PC brand, the support when anything goes wrong was also reduced to nearly zero.

It is a truism that you get what you pay for - cheap phone - no support.  In future, I will invest in Samsung or other mainstream Korean suppliers as their service is way better than that from China. I never had these issues with the various Samsung Galaxy Ace phones I have had in the past, nor with LG phones.

EdT
Punch Card
Views: 622
Message 95 of 247

If you are in the UK and are fed up with updates messing up your equipment, please consider signing this petition https://chn.ge/2Dh1v96

Feel free to share around.

Ash87
Paper Tape
Views: 525
Message 96 of 247

uninstall outlook app
commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 521
Message 97 of 247

Nope wrong answer, Users on Android 7.0, 7.1, 8.0, 8.1, have all had the issues, even those who don't use outlook. it's a botched update from Moto plain, and simple.
Ash87
Paper Tape
Message 98 of 247

Re: Battery Life problem after update

the issues with the Outlook app if you uninstall it you would see a drastic difference it will fix the issue

Ash87
Paper Tape
Message 99 of 247

Re: Battery Life problem after update

the issues with the Outlook app if you uninstall it you would see a drastic difference it will fix the issue
Ash87
Paper Tape
Message 100 of 247

Top Kudoed Authors