Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gajendrapotter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 964
Message 41 of 247

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

Hey Anybody out there got any solution to battery drain problem and wifi drop issue. I'm having these problems after updating my phone to Oreo which is on 1 Aug 2018 System patch. After a long wait for Oreo update, Moto isn't able to provide a stable update. Now I'm frustrated.

KyleL
Paper Tape
Views: 728
Message 42 of 247

Re: Battery Life problem after update

So, I tried uninstalling Google Play everything in safe mode, and for a while it seemed to help. After ~24 hours I'm back to extreme battery drain, and again it's Google Play services leading the way on battery consumption. I'll keep charging it and see what happens...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 746
Message 43 of 247

Re: Battery life has shrunk drastically

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting. I'd like to help. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

MikeSanta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 701
Message 44 of 247

Re: Battery Life problem after update

Same problem here, exteme battery drain and some overheating issues.

The strange thing is that I am running Android 7.0 with June security patch,

meaning that August update may not be the issue causing the problem.

I am currently monitoring the phone's behaviour for the last 3-4 days and 

haven't tried a solution yet.

tx_flood
Blue Screen Again
Views: 728
Message 45 of 247

I don't know if this will help you or not, but my 1 year-old phone seemed to have a battery issue like you are describing as well. I tried letting it drain and total recharge a few times, but that didn't seem to do the trick.  I think the key thing that i did to get it back to normal was to let it drain and then use an old non-Turbo charger that i had laying around to fully recharge the phone. I'm guessing that in my case it was some sort of battery calibration issue that got resolved this way.

KyleL
Paper Tape
Views: 720
Message 46 of 247

I updated my profile to include the information you requested. I was still experiencing the battery drain problem as of yesterday; I charged my phone overnight, and am waiting for it to happen again today (hasn't happened yet).

Thanks for your assistance.

commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 707
Message 47 of 247

I have updated my profile, and in the process of backing up the files from my SD card as I type this, but yes go ahead, please see if apps are a problem. Thanks much.
michiganfan101
What's DOS?
Views: 641
Message 48 of 247

I am also experiencing this issue... started happening a week or two ago and I was hoping the August security patch would include a patch, but I updated and it's still running out of juice extraordinarily fast. Added the info to my profile. My sister also has a G5 Plus and is having the same issue.
KyleL
Paper Tape
Views: 632
Message 49 of 247

By the middle of the afternoon my phone started running hot and the battery started running down. Clearly still an issue.

oxfat
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 50 of 247

I am in the same position with my G5 Plus. Right after the most recent update (10/20), my phone was running warm. The battery dropped quickly. Previously my battery would last all day, and be down to about 30% just before bedtime. Ever since the update the battery has been lasting about 5-6 hours. It no longer seems to be running warm, but the battery life is just horrible. I have updated all apps with updates pending and set all third party apps to "optimize battery use." Both my son and wife have the same phone, and are waiting to see if my problem can be fixed before they attempt the update. Any ideas? ox Edit to add: Build number NPNS25.137-93-18
Top Kudoed Authors