Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek0011
What's DOS?
Views: 563
Message 71 of 247

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

Moto g5 plus Oreo update contains lpts of bugs. Hotspot is not working, Bluetooth disconnected every time, Charging is not working properly.

Its very long time and i donot get any fixes from lenevo(moto) .

commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 492
Message 72 of 247

Re: Battery Life problem after update

Just some friendly advice @Spodeeboy never put that info in an open forum post, that leave you open to being traced, IMEI numbers in the wrong hands are like an open back door, best to private message tech support, wait for them to get back to us.
commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 418
Message 73 of 247

Re: Battery life has shrunk drastically

@Pistolpete1 So far everything I've done, and tech support has suggest has been a temp fix, I have a feeling it's the latest updates causing the software to report the incorrect battery levels at random times, and also causing the CPU, and/or other components to turbo as according to my status via CPUX my CPU has been turboing to 2.02Ghz more than it normally would before the latest update.
commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 417
Message 74 of 247

@MikeSanta Mine did the same several times, and then went back to acting up at random, and I've done every fix someone here has suggested, and tech staff has suggested as well.
yayakc
Paper Tape
Views: 455
Message 75 of 247

I've been following alot of the discussions on a variety of blogs.  The best advice, given by one Motorola tech on one discussion, is to just wait for the update to "settle in".  I am 99.9% convinced this problem is a result of MOTOROLA's security update.  I've had numerous motorola employees pass the buck or say my phone can't be fixed and even one executive level agent say its Google's fault.  I've read that users cleared partition cache or did a factory reset.  The most common solution has been to wait, with a phone that basically doesn't function according to Motorola's specification, for 4-6 days.  The problem will resolve itself.  

This is not the first time I've experienced these circumstances with a Motorola phone.  My G3 did the same thing.  Although I've liked the Moto series, I'm ready to switch to Samsung.  Pay a little more for alot better service and product according to my recent survey of friends with Samsung's and searching the blogs.  Just saying.... Motorola products and services have really declined since they were purchased by Leveno.  

michiganfan101
What's DOS?
Views: 369
Message 76 of 247

Update: I wiped the cache, no dice, battery still drained quickly. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Google play services, and uninstalled Amazon Alexa, which showed a high battery usage even though I don't use it. Phone is back to normal now. Not sure if anything I did helped, or if it magically fixed itself...

commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 389
Message 77 of 247

@yayakc I don't know about Samsung as I've had some of their older phones like the Samsung Galaxy Centura with issues as bad as not even being able to keep the correct time settings causing me to be late for work, and getting so hot it caused the included charger to almost melt the tip, but I am for sure looking at all my options for my next phone in the upcoming year. Also the canned responses from the support team have not been very helpful either. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 350
Message 78 of 247

Hi Everyone,

For those who still have this concern, please update your profile as suggested on my first response. Also, let's try calibrating the battery. 

To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

commodorefan64
Punch Card
Views: 347
Message 79 of 247

@Agent_Rich Been there done that multiple times, with it only being a temp fix, getting really tired of these canned responses at this point.
eokenned
What's DOS?
Views: 386
Message 80 of 247

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

Completed the update last night.

So far the problems include

• rapid battery drain
  • wifi not working properly
  • 4g/3g internet not working properly and continuously dropping

I really had no interest in upgrading to Oreo was very pleased with my phone the way it was but it kept pestering me.

I'm so frustrated and angry. Please, please provide a mechanism to roll back the update.

Top Kudoed Authors