Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fernt
Punch Card
Views: 452
Message 81 of 248

Re: Battery life has shrunk drastically

Hi, I am also having battery issues since the Oreo update. My profile is updated.

Android version: 8.1.0

Current version: OPS28.65-36

Security patch level: August 1, 2018.

KyleL
Paper Tape
Views: 460
Message 82 of 248

Re: Battery Life problem after update

Though I find it unsatisfying my phone does appear to have returned to normal behavior after a few days of nightly charging and otherwise being patient.

KyleL
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 83 of 248

Re: Battery life has shrunk drastically

Though I find it unsatisfying my phone did return to normal behavior after a few days of nightly charging and patience.

BiggieD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 475
Message 84 of 248

All normal now.  A warning before hand from Lenovo explaning that the battery will have issues and why, would have been nice.  Spent hours trying to figure out.

Saw a post from Lenovo stating you have to let software settle in?  There has to be a better way to state that,  because to me that doesn't make sence, and caused me not to believe it.  Maybe something like new update takes several days to complete its processing and checking systems also scanning all apps to update and check for compatibility.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 474
Message 85 of 248

Hi guys,

Please make sure to update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone, the exact model of your phone and your carrier. Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Aryamotog5splus
What's DOS?
Views: 472
Message 86 of 248

Re: Moto g5 plus problem after Oreo update

After upgrading with OS oreo ....a major issue is coming in which background apps popups on the current screen suddenly...

It happens even when u are on home screen and suddenely previously opened app opens automatically and its very irritating...any solution or support motorola community ???

EdT
Punch Card
Views: 450
Message 87 of 248

There are so many issues with the Oreo update that it is highly unlikely Lenovo bothered to do any testing before releasing it. On that basis, there are not going to be any immediate fixes as a major rewrite appears to be necessary. Broekn cameras, broken wifi, high battery usage, misbehaving apps - the list is endless.

My misbehaving camera issue was cured, at least for the moment, by going into safe mode, where the camera was found to work, and then back into normal mode, where it continued to work.

There are some suggestions that the quality of the SD card may be at issue after upgrading.  I did notice a speed improvement in the phone, but prior to the update, I had reformatted the SD card to change from being a separate "removeable" storage, to the other option where the SD card becomes part of the overall memory of the phone. This was the only way I could find enough space to download Oreo as main phone memory was pretty full.  Make sure the SD card you use is at least Class 10.

Redderneck
What's DOS?
Views: 451
Message 88 of 248

Seeing precisely the same issues.  The battery drain seems not as significant for me as it appears to be for others, but the 4G/3G/mobile network connectivity has degraded and so has the wifi connectivity stability.  Wish I hadn't okayed the upgrade; the phone has gone from being a stable, reliable pleasure to a major annoyance.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 409
Message 89 of 248

@Tanmay222 wrote:

wow, Just talk to support and who get me touch with customer service.They told me yesterday that they dont have any solution for my phone right now will inform me when they got which will chargeable to rs 300 or something. now today they start bargaining they told me they take rs200 and etc. when i told him why would i pay since problem is arised only after updating provided by company, he replied u have to pay since your phone is out of warranty or else wait for next update . I dont understand that first of all the problem in device is arised after updating the official update provided by company for which i have to pay. I think thats a great way to earn money. give a faulty update and then charge customer for fixing it.

i dont think i should ever recommend the phone to anyone one since . All the moto do is to make you wait and charge for waiting.

This is not typical and unexpected after an update. You mentioned that you did a hard reset on your earlier post, how did you do the hard reset? What specific challenges are you still experiencing with the phone?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 394
Message 90 of 248

@Abhishek0011 wrote:

Moto g5 plus Oreo update, is very bugy update. Seriously never got such update from your side. I got following problem with is new Oreo updates.

1- Battery Performance is not good.

2- On call automatic it comes on speaker mode.

3- Bluetooth connectivity not good.

4- Wifi always disconnected by own.

5- Hotspot is not working.

6- Charging takes time, even with turbo charge.

7 - Camera not working properly.

Lots of bug i found in this update. And lenove is not focusing on this pls do needful as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We encourage you to post only the experience that's related to this thread, which is battery concerns. If you have other challenges after the Oreo update, please create a new thread for it OR post in a similar existing thread, if there's already one. This way, it will be easier for us to track emerging concerns.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors