Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amd66
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,126
Message 1 of 6

Battery drain help with play services

I have a brand new G5 plus an Google play services is taking up 10% of my battery usage. I've already turned of automatic updates. I've Google extensively, but haven't been able to find an answer. Screen shots attached, any suggestions on how to track this down?IMG_0354.PNG

IMG_0355.PNG

Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 1,076
Message 2 of 6

Re: Battery drain help with play services

I don't see any problem on the screenshot....

I see no other apps using power to compare, Your telling it's a brand new phone so there is a lot going one.

I assume it's not your first phone so you really have to keep in mind that special the Google services need a a lot of syncing between the accounts and your new phone. Turning things off will not do any good, you only mess things up or delay the sync.

Give it some time and you will see after a while things will settle and look "normal again" afcource it depends in what you do with the phone but services like Google Play are the core of your Android phone....  almost every thing that happens is listed as Google Play  so it looks a lot worse then it is.

So I advice, turn it back to normal and let the phone do it's thing   then report back after a few days how things are going......

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Amd66
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,066
Message 3 of 6

Hmm, I use a pretty stripped down phone, mostly phone, text, and a few convenience apps. The 5 hours of keep awake is suspicious as well as the mobile radio active.
Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 1,060
Message 4 of 6

Without the mobile radio the phone is not realy usefull  (were not talking about an FM radio)....   and as told, if you don't have anything running the google play app will be using most of the resources as long that is the service who controls the whole system....

Google Play services is NOT THE SAME as Google Play Games or the Play Store...  don't forget that..... every time the phone looks for mail or a message The service is used, almost every app use Google Play....... so the total usages is relative high.

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
love4chat
Token Ring
Views: 884
Message 5 of 6

clear the data of google play services
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 84
Message 6 of 6

@Amd66 wrote:

I have a brand new G5 plus an Google play services is taking up 10% of my battery usage. I've already turned of automatic updates. I've Google extensively, but haven't been able to find an answer. Screen shots attached, any suggestions on how to track this down?IMG_0354.PNG

IMG_0355.PNG

You must clear system cache to resolve this known bug.  It began for me after 2 years.  Some app I installed must be the catalyst.  

Top Kudoed Authors