US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 9

Bluetooth Name Announce

2019-12-30, 3:16 AM

Running 7.0, no other issues other than this:

When picking up a call via Bluetooth device (ie Plantronics bud), the plantronics device will announce the caller in the earbud so I can make a choice. When: answer via either the bus or the phone (answer button), some 75% of the time, a different voice will announce the caller during the initial 1-3 seconds of the call, and then switch the call from Bluetooth to the phone. I'll have to switch to the in call process, switch the call to speaker and then back to Bluetooth to get the call to switch back to Bluetooth.

This occurs 100% of the time when the 2nd voice announces the caller. For when the announcer is not there, it occurs some 20%. There seems to be some sort of accesibility assistant running in the background. I have looked for and cannot find a setting including

- settings/accesibility

- moto app / motor voice (does not show up in mito app, and mv is not installed

- Google assistant is turned off.

- I have turned off the plantronics assistant setting and it will stop the preannounce but not the 2nd assistant.

Ideas?

Solved! See the solution
Options

1058 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

230 Signins

13368 Page Views

• Views: 13368
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Bluetooth Name Announce

2020-01-03, 5:47 AM

wrote:

Running 7.0, no other issues other than this:

When picking up a call via Bluetooth device (ie Plantronics bud), the plantronics device will announce the caller in the earbud so I can make a choice. When: answer via either the bus or the phone (answer button), some 75% of the time, a different voice will announce the caller during the initial 1-3 seconds of the call, and then switch the call from Bluetooth to the phone. I'll have to switch to the in call process, switch the call to speaker and then back to Bluetooth to get the call to switch back to Bluetooth.

This occurs 100% of the time when the 2nd voice announces the caller. For when the announcer is not there, it occurs some 20%. There seems to be some sort of accesibility assistant running in the background. I have looked for and cannot find a setting including

- settings/accesibility

- moto app / motor voice (does not show up in mito app, and mv is not installed

- Google assistant is turned off.

- I have turned off the plantronics assistant setting and it will stop the preannounce but not the 2nd assistant.

Ideas? 

Hi Sefiro1,

Thanks for posting! Are you using any third-party application? I would like you to check your device in Safe Mode and observe it for some time. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

10-04-2014

US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2020-01-03, 20:54 PM

I was hoping for an answer rather than assistance with diagnosis.

If I head down the diagnosis path (safe mode), the problem will be narrowed down to either an app or android. At that point, I'll need assistance with determining where in either area is the problem. So, how would turn on logging and view logs as the phone is not rooted.

Options

7693 Posts

03-05-2018

US

972 Signins

127762 Page Views

• Views: 127762
  • Message 4 of 9

2020-01-06, 20:01 PM

Hi Sefiro1,

We would like to understand this behavior and isolate this. If possible, can you try the suggestion above and send a sample video showing what's happening? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

10-04-2014

US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2020-01-23, 8:40 AM

All, 

Been doing some more user testing. Found that if I let the phone ring nearly 3 times or more, then answer with Bluetooth, everything works fine.

So, something is trying to announce the caller, whether the call is connected or not. Sequence

- call comes in

- Bluetooth announces caller within 1st ring

- if I  answer first ring, 90% chance the offender will announce caller, in what appears to the Google text to speech voice, then disconnects the Bluetooth

- if I answer on the second ring, the offender problem occurs 50%

- if I wait until the 3rd or more ring, then everything works fine.

The offender behaves as though it was providing drivemode or Moro Voice type assistance. I can't find any setting for drive mode and the Moto app does not provide anything either.

Ideas? 

Options

9 Posts

10-04-2014

US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2020-02-01, 9:15 AM

Zeroing in, still think it has something to do with Moto Assist/Voice type problem.

Another annoying problem:

If I'm on a call, and talking via Bluetooth, and another call comes in.

- the Bluetooth (plantronics) does not do any announcement.

- however, the 1st call is interrupted, as in the Bluetooth is disconnected and I can't hear the 1st call

- but I can hear the phone announce the 2nd caller in the phone speaker.

- once the announcer is done, the 1st call is resumed via Bluetooth.

So, it seems something like Assist was turned on. How to turn it off? No setting, no function in Moto app, 

HELP!

Options

1058 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

230 Signins

13368 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2020-02-05, 3:14 AM

wrote:

Zeroing in, still think it has something to do with Moto Assist/Voice type problem.

Another annoying problem:

If I'm on a call, and talking via Bluetooth, and another call comes in.

- the Bluetooth (plantronics) does not do any announcement.

- however, the 1st call is interrupted, as in the Bluetooth is disconnected and I can't hear the 1st call

- but I can hear the phone announce the 2nd caller in the phone speaker.

- once the announcer is done, the 1st call is resumed via Bluetooth.

So, it seems something like Assist was turned on. How to turn it off? No setting, no function in Moto app, 

HELP!

Hi Sefiro1,

Have you tested in Safe Mode as suggested in my above post? If not, kindly check and observe it for some time. Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

10-04-2014

US

9 Signins

94 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2020-02-06, 21:23 PM

¡bang head! ; ¡kick self!

Did some digging with adb logging. Figured out that I had a tasker profile running a v.0x beta of a task that was executing a contact lookup when in car mode. Turned it off, everything good.

Apologies all

(Penalty: 30 lashes with a wet noodle)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1058 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

230 Signins

13368 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2020-02-07, 13:59 PM

wrote:

¡bang head! ; ¡kick self!

Did some digging with adb logging. Figured out that I had a tasker profile running a v.0x beta of a task that was executing a contact lookup when in car mode. Turned it off, everything good.

Apologies all

(Penalty: 30 lashes with a wet noodle)

Hi Sefiro1,

Glad you found out and it's working now. :cattongue:

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save