Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-12-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth and GPS Question

2017-07-27, 14:14 PM

The phone is paired to the car. It works. Bluetooth is engaged on the phone. (In the event that a call comes in)

If I'm listening to something from a flash drive (aux), or a cd (remember those), I can not get the GPS directions to be audible through the phone.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or once the phone is in Bluetooth mode, if it's paired with the car, it will only be heard through the speakers?

Thanks in advance!

Options

207 Posts

06-13-2017

Netherlands

86 Signins

1457 Page Views

• Views: 1457
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth and GPS Question

2017-07-27, 14:49 PM

Would be really handy if you provide information...  Like what phone, what car,  etc....

Often when connected the incoming call's get priority and what will playing will be put on hold or turned down.... but that completely depends on the system your connected to....  some cars work great with bluetooth some not...

And why don't you test it ?  Find a friend who is willing to call you and try....   (if you don't have friends try a homeless person)  

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Options

6 Posts

07-12-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-07-27, 21:25 PM

Thanks for the response. 

Phone: Moto G5 Plus

Car: 2015 Honda Pilot

I'll try to explain the problem a bit clearer...

If I put on the GPS at home, the voice giving directions will come through the phone's speaker.

Once I go in the car (with the bluetooth active), the voice giving directions can no longer be heard through the phone speaker. If a call does come in, the voice giving directions will play over the phone call. 

Is there a way to only have the phone's speaker work and not the car speakers?

Options

207 Posts

06-13-2017

Netherlands

86 Signins

1457 Page Views

• Views: 1457
  • Message 4 of 5

2017-07-28, 5:39 AM

Not sure,  Most of the time it's all or nothing and the bluetooth function makes that the speaker and microphone will be used on the car as till you turn bluetooth off again. Both your phonecall and your navigation should be on the car speakers...  but it's an G5+ so everything is possible :).

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
Options

32 Posts

03-11-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

461 Page Views

• Views: 461
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-07-28, 13:37 PM
I had this same problem (Toyota Rav4). What I did to solve it is to connect the phone to the bluetooth ONLY for phone calls and not connect it for media(music). I'm not sure if this is an option for you on your car, but on mine, I have 2 icons when connecting the bluetoon - a phone icon and a music icon, and i only select the phone. This way the calls come in through the phone channel, but all media comes out of the phone instead of bluetooth.
Hope this helps
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms