09-29-2019

Sweden

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 11 of 18

Re: CANNOT UNLOCK THE PHONE USING THE PIN

2019-09-29, 19:26 PM

Same symptom as other user - black screen after adding correct PIN-code, but it is possible to open the phone by fingerprint. Incorrect PIN respond the  swedish text like incorrect PIN.

I tried the solution #2 and it was just accepted, but same black screen appeared after opening up the screen with correct PIN. 

In settings trying #1 the respons is "Inställningar har kraschat" translated to "Setting has crashed" and Open app again.

Are there other potential solutions?

Options

1 Posts

10-19-2019

Portugal

22 Signins

189 Page Views

• Views: 189
  • Message 12 of 18

2019-10-19, 22:10 PM

In no way is this a solution, i had a Moto G2 never had a problem, i had a Moto G4 and it had problems with screenburn and the sim card not being detected because it wouldn't properly touch the pins(never was the phone droped or misused) the solution was puting a piece of paper behind the card.

Now the Moto G5 Plus, this keeps happening ocasionally and it's annoying as hell, one of my family member also has a Moto G5 Plus and the phone has exactly the same problem, how am i suposed to "1. Delete the unlock password & reconfigure with a different password." or "2. Tap on Settings>> Apps & notifications>>All apps>>3 vertical dots>>Reset app preferences>>Reset apps." if i can't even unlock the phone in the first place? The ONLY solution(that i have found) is to restart the phone. Also when i purchased the phone the minimum sound level was low as it should be, after a couple of updates the minimum sound level just went higher being a bit loud for what minimum should be.

Alright let me give you the phone model and version number... wait, let me restart the phone.................................. ok done.

Model: XT1685

Android: 8.1.0

Options

4 Posts

12-11-2019

Slovakia

2 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 13 of 18

2019-12-11, 14:47 PM

I have the same problem. It doesn't matter if I set up a PIN or a password. Sometimes I simply cannot unlock the phone. The "tick" submit button does nothing. Only a restart helps, but it is a workaround, not a solution. Restarting the phone multiple times a day is annoying as hell.

I cannot disable the pin/password because it is required by my company policy. Anyway, it is insecure too so I'm looking for a permanent solution.

I tried to factory reset the phone too. The issue is still here.

Please help!

Model: Moto C Plus

System: Android 7

Options

2962 Posts

04-04-2018

India

395 Signins

27450 Page Views

• Views: 27450
  • Message 14 of 18

2019-12-16, 11:02 AM

wrote:

I have the same problem. It doesn't matter if I set up a PIN or a password. Sometimes I simply cannot unlock the phone. The "tick" submit button does nothing. Only a restart helps, but it is a workaround, not a solution. Restarting the phone multiple times a day is annoying as hell.

I cannot disable the pin/password because it is required by my company policy. Anyway, it is insecure too so I'm looking for a permanent solution.

I tried to factory reset the phone too. The issue is still here.

Please help!

Model: Moto C Plus

System: Android 7

Hi Meditator,

Sorry to know about this. Have you performed a Factory Data Reset without automatic restore? Kindly confirm. Also, reset your PIN and check. Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

48 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 48
  • Message 15 of 18

2020-01-05, 9:12 AM

I have this problem.   I find that rebooting the phone does seem to fix this, but it is only temporary.  The fault returns after a day or so.

Options

2 Posts

08-20-2018

4 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 16 of 18

2020-01-06, 8:19 AM

I should add that I have this problem on a Moto (4).   It seems to start happening after the phone has been left on charge overnight. Sometimes it will start with the fingerprint, but otherwise I have to reboot each morning.

Is anyone at Motorola actually working on this problem?

Options

1 Posts

04-26-2020

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 17 of 18

Re:CANNOT UNLOCK THE PHONE USING THE PIN

2020-04-26, 22:10 PM
Same problem here, pin wont unlock phone unless i reboot it. Would be nice if moto would at least ack the issue and maybe work on a fix. It USED to work, once upon a time. A reboot takes an age while it checks the memory card format.
Options

2962 Posts

04-04-2018

India

395 Signins

27450 Page Views

• Views: 27450
  • Message 18 of 18

Re:CANNOT UNLOCK THE PHONE USING THE PIN

2020-04-29, 8:06 AM

@ GSV3MiaC wrote:

Same problem here, pin wont unlock phone unless i reboot it. Would be nice if moto would at least ack the issue and maybe work on a fix. It USED to work, once upon a time. A reboot takes an age while it checks the memory card format.

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. I would suggest you please perform Clear Cache in your device-- go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > select the apps > Storage > Clear Cache.

Then retrain your fingerprints. Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms