Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NileshAgarwal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,487
Message 1 of 10

CANNOT UNLOCK THE PHONE USING THE PIN

I own a moto g5 plus and there is a issue in it. I am not been able to l unlock the phone since yesterday using the pin !

Any time I enter my pin and clikc on the "tick", the screen blacks out and the lock screen comes back on ! This happens continuously !

I am using the finger print scanner to unlock it now.

help me please !

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,344
Message 2 of 10

Re: CANNOT UNLOCK THE PHONE USING THE PIN

@NileshAgarwal wrote:

I own a moto g5 plus and there is a issue in it. I am not been able to l unlock the phone since yesterday using the pin !

Any time I enter my pin and clikc on the "tick", the screen blacks out and the lock screen comes back on ! This happens continuously !

help me please !

Hi NileshAgarwal,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Delete the unlock password & reconfigure with a different password.

2. Tap on Settings>> Apps & notifications>>All apps>>3 vertical dots>>Reset app preferences>>Reset apps.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

NileshAgarwal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,308
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for the reply but that time I thought to first trying the old and golden method of solving issues : restarting the phone. 😅

And as legend says, the problem is solved.

Sorry for wasting your time on this.

Enjoy life ✌️

JohnSi
Paper Tape
Views: 5,327
Message 4 of 10

I've had my G5 Plus for a year or so now, and never had any issues. About a month ago I updated to Android 8.1, again, no real issues.

Today, after not using my phone for a couple of days, it's requesting my pin, saying after 72 hours this is required and a fingerprint is not enough.

If I type in the wrong number (on purpose), it displays "wrong pin", so it does work and knows what is the wrong pin. When I type in the correct pin, the screen goes black for a moment, but instead of going to the Android desktop, I again get the lock screen, and I have to enter the pin again? -edited-?

How do I get back into my phone?

Subject edited & merged with an existing topic.

AkashJain0900
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,310
Message 5 of 10

Try the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant.
Download the software in the PC and connect your phone and the options will appear.

Else hard reset your phone.

Akash
JohnSi
Paper Tape
Views: 5,299
Message 6 of 10

Thanks, I'll try the Smart Assistant

SS30
Paper Tape
Views: 4,078
Message 7 of 10

Solution is not working, restarting is.

jackg1787
What's DOS?
Views: 2,133
Message 8 of 10

Had this exact problem- Removing the battery and putting it back in , then restarting worked for me.

NileshAgarwal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,108
Message 9 of 10

@Agent_Nikh wrote:

@NileshAgarwal wrote:

help me please !

Hi NileshAgarwal,

Greetings from Motorola,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Delete the unlock password & reconfigure with a different password.

2. Tap on Settings>> Apps & notifications>>All apps>>3 vertical dots>>Reset app preferences>>Reset apps.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

aa..Are you guys really authorized because your solutions give an impression that you are only guessing the solution.

Let me give you my situation: after every 72 hours my phone require pin code to open the phone for security purposes. Here the pin started mal functioning.

Now,  HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO PERFORM YOUR "SOLUTION" WHEN I COULD NOT EVEN INLOCK MY PHONE !?

Venki7113
Blue Screen Again
Views: 298
Message 10 of 10

I also faced similar issue today, work around "restarting phone" issue got resolved. Was this issue addressed new Security Patch 1 Aug 2019 ?

Top Kudoed Authors