cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgerjg
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 1 of 6

Callers can't hear me on phone calls, I hear them. Same with or without speaker on.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 790
Message 2 of 6

Re: Callers can't hear me on phone calls, I hear them. Same with or without speaker on.

Hi Jgerjg,

Thanks for the post. Have you tried testing the microphone? Open Moto Help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Microphone. Also, I'd like to confirm, does it only happening with a specific contact? Were these regular calls? How about calls using third-party apps like Messenger, Skype, etc?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Highlighted
Jgerjg
Paper Tape
Views: 766
Message 3 of 6

Re: Callers can't hear me on phone calls, I hear them. Same with or without speaker on.

This is e5 play. Microphone test was ok. Volume control buttons tested ok. These are regular calls, not Skype or other types, and are to phone numbers I have called before. Phone was reset with no change in the problem. Have gone through all the suggested fixed but problem persists.

hydeNY
Serial Port
Views: 737
Message 4 of 6

This seems to be a very wide spread and common issues, seeing that this was posted in numerous other threads.

OP, did you update your phone recently, which version of android is it running. This started happening to us recently on our G5 Plus as well.

• X220, Intel i5 2540M, 12.5 IPS, BT, FP • S405, AMD A6-4455M •T450S i5-5300U, 12 GB, IPS, BT
Jgerjg
Paper Tape
Views: 716
Message 5 of 6

Running Android 8.0.0. No new changes to phone before this happened, but did do a reset to try and correct it (no luck). Very frustrating. Will probably have to get new phone since repair costs will probably exceed the cost of the phone, but seeing how common this problem is with Motorola I will be looking at different phones 

Cindi153
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 351
Message 6 of 6

Any of you with the speaker issue/people can't hear you.  This is a KNOWN ISSUE and the only repair is to turn your phone in.  They've been using the same "directions" for over a year.  

Send your phone in of if you're still under warranty, the sooner you do, the sooner you have a working Mic.

Top Kudoed Authors