Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guido5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,306
Message 1 of 7

Can't add imei / serial to "My stuff" on motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com

Wen I add any of the 2 imei or the serial number on MY STUFF on motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com the site gives:

Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again.

What am I doing wrong?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,260
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't add imei / serial to "My stuff" on motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com

@Guido5 wrote:

Wen I add any of the 2 imei or the serial number on MY STUFF on motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com the site gives:

Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Guido5,

The My Stuff page is currently. We are aware of this and currently working to have it fixed as quickly as possible. Your receipt is your proof of purchase indicator.  My stuff has always been for convenience, but receipt is still required to prove ownership and date or purchase. As long as you have your receipt, you will have no problem with warranty.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Guido5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,256
Message 3 of 7

Re: Can't add imei / serial to "My stuff" on motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com

Okay that explains the problems I experienced. There is no problem with my device I just wanted to add it to MY STUFF in case I lose the device I can maybe trace it or block it or something. I wil try again another day.

Thank you JM!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,247
Message 4 of 7

@Guido5 wrote:

Okay that explains the problems I experienced. There is no problem with my device I just wanted to add it to MY STUFF in case I lose the device I can maybe trace it or block it or something. I wil try again another day.

Thank you JM!

Ooh, you can actually use Google Android Device Manager for these concerns. You'll be able to ring your phone, lock the device or erase all content from the device in case you lose the phone or if it gets stolen, which I hope not.

-JM

Guido5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,244
Message 5 of 7

Oke i'm going to setup that instead. No its not stolen thank god haha but just want to be prepared Smiley Wink

Thank you, great information I can work with.

Kalnory
Serial Port
Views: 57
Message 6 of 7

Mine keeps telling me my number is invalid and I'm taking it right off the box

Kalnory
Serial Port
Views: 31
Message 7 of 7

I figured out how to add my IMEI number but every time I added it it told me it was invalid

I'm not adding the wrong number I took it off the box 

I even went to the Motorola site to check against my record where it is listed under my purchases and it's the same number that's on the box

Top Kudoed Authors