Message 1 of 14

Cannot access storage on Moto G5

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,459
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cannot access storage on Moto G5

Can you be a bit more specific?

Do you mean internal Storage or an SD card and if an SD card is it formatted at Adoptive Internal Storage or normal portable storage?

LKbovril
Paper Tape
Views: 4,389
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for your response, I mean internal storage, when I select Settings then Storage, the thinking circle (don't know it's proper name) comes up and just keeps spinning until I get fed up with it and turn it off. I hope this helps. Regards Roger

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,379
Message 4 of 14

Can you access it in Safemode?

Power Button.Then when the shutdown option appears long press and choose Safemode.If it works there then there's usually a rogue app causing it.

LKbovril
Paper Tape
Views: 4,359
Message 5 of 14

Wonderful, that has fixed it, when I rebooted from Safemode I could still access Storage. Many Thanks roger

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,339
Message 6 of 14

@LKbovril wrote:

Wonderful, that has fixed it, when I rebooted from Safemode I could still access Storage. Many Thanks roger;0

Just like in MS Windows booting in and out of Safemode can remove some temp data that might be hindering the normal running Smiley Happy

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,338
Message 7 of 14

@LKbovril wrote:

Wonderful, that has fixed it, when I rebooted from Safemode I could still access Storage. Many Thanks roger;0

Just like in MS Windows booting in and out of Safemode can remove some temp data that might be hindering the normal running Smiley Happy

deckhanddave
Paper Tape
Views: 2,108
Message 8 of 14

Hi

I don't know if this is the correct way to do this but I have this problem too. I tried starting the phone (G5 S) in safe mode but I still get the 'thinking' spinner. My phone is set up to have my SD card as portable memory.It is a 64GB Transcend class 10. If I turn the phone off and back on I get the two storage types listed but as soon as I try anything I just get the spinner. I have to say, I am getting disillusioned with Moto G phones. This is my third and I have had nothing but problems with  them in one form or another. Another problem is poor signal reception. Her who should be obeyed has a Huawie on the same network and can frequently get a signal where I can't. I was contemplating getting the Moto One vision to replace this but am now thinking not too. Can you offer any advice on what I can do next please? I am trying to make space on my internal memory as everything is saving to it including whatsapp video and pictures.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,105
Message 9 of 14

@deckhanddave wrote:

Hi

I don't know if this is the correct way to do this but I have this problem too. I tried starting the phone (G5 S) in safe mode but I still get the 'thinking' spinner. My phone is set up to have my SD card as portable memory.It is a 64GB Sandisk class 10. If I turn the phone off and back on I get the two storage types listed but as soon as I try anything I just get the spinner. I have to say, I am getting disillusioned with Moto G phones. This is my third and I have had nothing but problems with  them in one form or another. Another problem is poor signal reception. Her who should be obeyed has a Huawie on the same network and can frequently get a signal where I can't. I was contemplating getting the Moto One vision to replace this but am now thinking not too. Can you offer any advice on what I can do next please? I am trying to make space on my internal memory as everything is saving to it including whatsapp video and pictures.

Try another file manager.I use and love,"Total Commander" from the Google Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander&hl=en_GB

For Whatsapp put this into a search engine How to Move WhatsApp Media to SD Card (Proven Tips)

and you'll find a good link.

For phone Signal use as  search engine and find out how to reset your Network settings on the phone and or find your Carrier's APN settings and input them manually.

deckhanddave
Paper Tape
Views: 2,047
Message 10 of 14

Hi Porphyrius
Thanks for responding to my post. I'll work my way through it one by one. I made a mistake in my original post,the card was a Transcend not Sandisk. I have tried to access it but it shows as write protected and I can't shift it, even in Win 10 cmd. So, a new card was inserted and formatted. I still can't access my internal storage, even in safe mode. I just get the spinner and it has been doing that for over a minute. Any further suggestions on that problem? Thanks Dave.
Top Kudoed Authors