Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shubham0078
Paper Tape
Views: 118,633
Message 1 of 49

Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

Cast Screen is not working on my Moto G5 Plus.

I have my t.v Sony Bravia with cast screen support and wifi also. I tried several times to connect it but it will not show any device and it always shows no nearby device found as below in attached "Image" and also 3 dots for option is not showing.

I connect many other brand phones to my t.v without any problem .

So it is my request to Motorola Team to solve this issue in its next update.

naresh30
Blue Screen Again
Views: 118,001
Message 2 of 49

Re: Cast Screen Not Working On Moto G5 Plus

iam also same issue 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 119,894
Message 3 of 49

@Shubham0078 wrote:

Cast Screen is not working on my Moto G5 Plus.

I have my t.v Sony Bravia with cast screen support and wifi also. I tried several times to connect it but it will not show any device and it always shows no nearby device found as below in attached "Image" and also 3 dots for option is not showing.

I connect many other brand phones to my t.v without any problem .

So it is my request to Motorola Team to solve this issue in its next update.

As with most other Motorola phones and other stock android variants (pixel and nexus) , only Google Chromecast is supported. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Highlighted
Shubham0078
Paper Tape
Views: 118,097
Message 4 of 49

This is very bad. Motorola have to solve this issue if my t.v has cast screen than why should i have to buy another device.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 118,061
Message 5 of 49

@Shubham0078 wrote:
This is very bad. Motorola have to solve this issue if my t.v has cast screen than why should i have to buy another device.

There are casting apps in the play store, but i am not sure how well they work. 

Google has only made support for chromecast partmof stock android. Moto phones have been like this for many generations.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Anurag_b
What's DOS?
Views: 113,903
Message 6 of 49

I have a feeling cast option is deliberately disabled by Motorola so that users can also buy Chromecast, since it only works with Chromecast.

This is absurd. I have a Samsung home theater system and Bravia tv and I cannot use this important feature which all my previous phones used to support. It should be platform independent and you cannot force sell your products.

I was very excited about this phone as this was my first Motorola phone and now I am pretty sure that it's my last. 

manjareganesh
Punch Card
Views: 113,858
Message 7 of 49

Motorola should include miracast feature in next update as Lenovo brand phones are having this feature.

GANESHind93
What's DOS?
Views: 99,386
Message 8 of 49

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Shubham0078 wrote:

Google has only made support for chromecast partmof stock android. Moto phones have been like this for many generations.  

You dont have to fallow what your ancestor did. It's all about what you are doing for the present. Apple i phone are selling there fones at whatever price they want and miracurously geting sold out every model. Because they keep delivering new things & new updates. In other side they are also making older devices slow by giving new updates may be to push people to buy new models. By your explanation, I doubt that whether lenevo team is capable of solving the issues of costomers. Instead you are marketing google device for casting purpose which can be solved by just giving a simple update. From your reply I am very unconvinced and thinking about whether I made mistake by buying Moto G5 Plus. Further I wont recommend any moto divices to anyone if this response I am getting from the parent company.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 99,369
Message 9 of 49

@GANESHind93 wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Shubham0078 wrote:

You dont have to fallow what your ancestor did. It's all about what you are doing for the present. Apple i phone are selling there fones at whatever price they want and miracurously geting sold out every model. Because they keep delivering new things & new updates. In other side they are also making older devices slow by giving new updates may be to push people to buy new models. By your explanation, I doubt that whether lenevo team is capable of solving the issues of costomers. Instead you are marketing google device for casting purpose which can be solved by just giving a simple update. From your reply I am very unconvinced and thinking about whether I made mistake by buying Moto G5 Plus. Further I wont recommend any moto divices to anyone if this response I am getting from the parent company.

This is a user to user forum - the answers you get are often from volunteers (I am one), but that doesn't change the fact that Google removed casting option in stock android. Motorola phones are sold as stock android - not a lot of extras added. 

jsp3
Paper Tape
Views: 96,713
Message 10 of 49

same problem iam having. when motorola is going to upgrade its system  software to enable screencast directly to link with smart tv with miracast

Top Kudoed Authors